Have you had Dreams Lately ? Do you get Meanings from your Dreams?

by flipper 88 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

THINK ABOUT IT- I'm so glad you repaired your house better than before. Good for you. I bet it was a mess getting that all fixed. That is good that you have developed your powers of intuition. Keep that gift my friend. Hopefully it will protect you or loved ones some day

• restrangled
    restrangled

Flipper, as long as you are interpreting dreams, I've got one more that I have over and over again.

I am on vacation , I am gone for many months with my parents and brothers, lots of fun, visiting many relatives, it goes on and on, .....I start worrying about my life as a married woman, and feel I should get back, and I am also missing classes at high school but I can't get back. The vacation is almost non ending. I am on airplanes, that don't land where they are suppose to, I am in taxi's, that miss the drop off point, I am on highways that never end,....I never can get back home until.....

I am on a highway that we use to travel when I was young, I arrive at houses I grew up in and eventually land in the first house my husband and I purchased together. When that happens I am so relieved and can't believe we were able to get the house back. Suddenly my husband is there and I realize, we are not the owners and have to go back to Florida, but the house in Florida is gone, and we have to go on another vacation!

I dream this at least once a month....

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I met you in a dream and you didn't know my name. My waking thoughts now come to you in a searing visionary flame. A soul at peace is not remiss in love and feelings due, but sometimes comes a time of which insane thoughts flutter daintily, like butterflies in a tsunami.

• flipper
    flipper

RESTRANGLED- From the dream it appears that you are feeling insecure about being dislocated from your home. And the vacation escape is in my opinion a " flight from " or " avoidance " of the real problems that are facing you even in real life at present. Also I feel that going back in time in the dream indicates your desire for more simple times in you and your husband's life in the past when there were less obligations, either financially or otherwise. Considering what you are going through in real life right now my friend- it's no WONDER you are having this reoccurring dream. Hang in there . Keep your chin up. Times will get better. I promise. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

JOHN DOE- Hilarious! You met me in a dream ? LOL ! You come to me now in a " searing visionary flame " ? You crack me up ! Some people's insane thoughts may " flutter daintily, like butterflies in a tsunami " - however my insane thoughts are more like wild bulls running amok in a china shop. LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• xmkx
    xmkx

I can vouch for dreams being expressions of repressed emotions and memories. That's what many of my past dreams and nightmares were about. Now that I've been in therapy for a while my dreams are peaceful and I sleep soundly and well. A lot of times dreams that may have been nightmares in the past may reappear, but my reactions to them are different now so they end on a better note.

Restrangled, I'm glad that you have not had the demon dreams in a while. I used to have demon dreams as well, for as far back as I could remember. I recognize now though that these fears (along with Armegeddon fears) were inculcated in me and encouraged by the JWs. I remember reading a comment on Silent Lambs a long time ago in which someone said the difference between a "worldly" child and a JW child was that when a JW child was little their parents told them that their nightmares were real. Now I see these fears holding on to my family members and it worries me because I know what life is like when you're afraid of things like demons and the end of the world... it just slowly eats away at you.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I have some deja vu things happen to me.

I'll be going about life and get that feeling of deja vu. My heart almost always stops cold as I try to remember what happened in the dream and what to expect/prevent. That just happened a couple of days ago again. So far, nothing bad has come of it. However some of them I just have this premenition that something bad is going to suddenly happen because I know that it was associated heartbreak in my dream. Thankfully, I haven't seen the dream come true. I have only seen the circumstances and conversations happen.

Then of course there are the dreams that all mystery is removed upon waking! The ones where you have to find a bathroom and you awaken to do just that!

When I was younger (about 14 years old) and up until a few years ago, I always had one about 2 giant black panthers prowling around the outside of my parents home. There was a tree right outside one of the windows, and one would perch in the tree and watch through the window. We would have to quickly close the window. It was always summer and the window was open to let in fresh air. Outside the home, there would always be a truck parked about 20-30 feet from the front door. I would look out through the large living room window and see a toddler about age 2 roaming around outside. The panther would be on the prowl and the toddler would need instant rescuing without any hesitation.

I would immediatly dash from the house, grab up the toddler and jump into the cab of the truck. I never knew until I got there if the truck would be unlocked or not. I would risk it all to grab the baby. The truck was always unlocked and the door always shut a mili-second before the panther could jump in it too. The panthers were huge...9-12 feet long and weighing about 400 pounds. Somehow, they never were able to get into the truck. There were never any keys in the truck, so I could never drive away. The dream always ended here. I never got out of the vehicle and the panthers were still prowling.

This dream plagued me for years! I guess it really never ended until I left the JW religion. Hmmmm. The last time I had the dream, the content changed a bit. My mother (who wasn't speaking to me in real life) was there. She wouldn't listen or do as I said. She didn't know the panthers were there and I didn't have time to explain why I needed her to shut the window quickly. This time the child was in the backyard. I had to grab the child and jump over the roof or run around the house to get to the truck. This time the panthers were about to get in through the window and into the house. So the house wasn't safe. I remember I yelled at my mother to "shut up". I have no idea if the panthers made it into the house with her. I just once again, made it into the truck with the child.

The funny thing is, the child never looked familiar. I never knew who's child it was. It wasn't a neighbor child or someone I was babysitting. It was just a child that needed saving at all cost. So innocent and sweet and roaming around looking at the grass by it's feet. Completely unaware of the panther nearby. When I had children, this child never looked like our children. It never took on a likeness of anyone I knew.

I haven't had that dream in about 4 years. I know it is gone now. I don't fear having it anymore. I used to have it at least once a year. A year never went by without it. I used to hate that. I knew it was coming, just not when. Some years I'd have 3 times.

Any thoughts on that one?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had two strange dreams one night last week. First I dreamt I had a friend whose father was a complete psycho and he murdered all her boyfriends. And we went out somewhere with him behind the wheel, and he was backing out the car in their garage and I caught sight in front of a piece of a human skull and realized that he was dissolving their bodies in acid. Yeah, really grisly. The second dream was plain weird. My boyfriend and I were going to take a shower but the water stopped working. So we went over to his ex's house and took a shower over there. I should point out that in real life, she lives in my neighborhood and her house is where my bf used to live (indeed, I saw and said hi to his ex the morning of the plane crash this week, almost the same moment of the crash in fact when the power went out). So in my dream, he still had a key to the house, we took a shower there, and then someone opened the front door and it was .... the maid.

Anyone want to tackle any hidden meanings here???? lol

• Confucious
    Confucious

Restrangled...

Your post about your vacation dream was the same as my dream.

I don't have time now... but I'll post about it.

Confucious

• Decided
    Decided

I had one last night that got to me. I dreamed that I lost my mind and went bonkers and was fighting everyone and everything around me. When I woke up I had to lay there a while to see if I really had my right mind. I've got a lot of financial problems right now and it is stressing me out.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit