Have you had Dreams Lately ? Do you get Meanings from your Dreams?

by flipper 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

this was 180 celcius, in reality she wouldn't fit in the oven but she did in my dream, in the roasting tray and seemed quite happy to get in.

My dog trusts me. She can't be walked by anyone else. I think the dream was about that.

I let her down.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Interesting about dreams. I almost never can remember my dream, but I don't do a very good job of trying to either. I had a dream last night that I didn not even remember until I saw this post.

I was climbing up high on a mountain with my sons, one lost his footing and fell hundreds of feet to the ground. I watched in horror as this happened. There was some sort of slide at the top but was very hard to get to, I made it and managed to slide down to the bottom.

When I got to the bottom, my son was alive, but he could not remember things. He did not know who Tommy Lee Jones was. Why Tommy Lee Jones? I have no idea, have not watched any of his movies lately, he has not been in the news, etc.

I then woke up.

What does this mean?

• *lost*
    *lost*

flipper - that's the thing,

I can't remeber them when I wake up again, in the mornings. I can get a 'sense' of them, almost ghostlike, then poof, it goes, and I cannot for hte life of me 'get them up to rationality' lol.

But, they are vivid, and real.

I used to from a young age, have very bad nightmares, I have learned they are called 'night terrors' I have had some beauties, some quite 'sick'.

One reoccuring dream as a child, was of being chased by a hereford bull, I would be up, running in the house, lol, still asleep.

Eventually they stopped.

I dont' know why these new 'dreams' have started, out of the blue ( I know I have had lots of stress past few years) been going on for a few months now, never ever before in my life did I wake up with 'sweats' though, that's new.

I wonder if it's just the mind, subconscious, repairing and fixing things. I haven't thought about it too much, like to research, it was just when I saw this thread bumped, I thought, yeah, I'm getting them. Is anyone else ?

I wonder if it is since I 'woke up' to TTATT ? that's only been a few months ?

what you think.

• flipper
    flipper

UCANTNOME- Your take sounds accurate about your dream. I'm glad your dog trusts you in real life ! That's one of those dreams that you wake up from and say, " I'm glad it was just a dream ! " LOL !

STEALTH- Very interesting dream ! Wow. My take possibly is that you and your son climbed up to the top of a mountain to get a cleaer view of life away from the JW mindset possibly ? Then perhaps your son has had trouble dealing with getting away from the JW mindset in his head so he figuratively falls down the mountain again and you being the devoted parent you are went to the bottom of the mountain to save him - and he was alive ! To me it shows you love your son and will go to any extent to save him and help him- and you did because he was alive in the dream ! So the existential message I get from that is - stay close to your son, be there for him no matter what and things will be O.K. Just my 2 cents.

The Tommy Lee Jones thing- I have no idea. Tommy Lee Jones often plays strong characters so perhaps your son is seeking to be strong in character like Tommy Lee Jones characters often play- all I can think of. LOL !

LOST- I feel for you. The first couple years I after I exited the Witnesses I often had recurring drems and nightmares about Armageddon or the WT organization in general- particularly controlling elders trying to dictate to me. As the years have gone by in my dreams I have gotten stronger and stood up to these elders in my dreams and they have no hold on me anymore.

In my opinion it could be that you are subconsciously trying to escape the wrath, control, and negativity that was thrust upon all of us when we were JW's and all of this inner anguish is being released into your subconscious dreams. Perhaps the bull represented the WT leaders- who knows? I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your mind and subconscious is " fixing and repairing things " . I definitely agree. Good point. Just keep letting your mind keep fixing and repairing things and you'll be fine. One word of advice is to allow yourself to get ENOUGH continuos sleep like 7 to 8 hours uninterrupted sleep in order to let yourself get the REM ( rapid eye movement ) type deep sleep so you can remember your dreams better. If you get longer continuos sleep I believe you will start remembering the dreams and then write them down on paper as soon as you wake up and you'll be able to re-integrate your conscious personality with your sleeping subconscious personality. It's been a great help to me these last 3 years I log down all my dreams. One reason I leave a pen and paper by my bedstand at night. Just a thought. Take care, I hope your dreams get happier my friend. Hang in there

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

I personally thing dreams do have meaning, but not necessarily in a metalphysica sense. I usually analyze my dreams based off emotions I feel... understanding that my brain is just trying to work something out. With that in mind, it's best not to take anything too seriously,

But in talking with people you can find out A LOT about a person by their dreams... and by how they relate dreams. It's very interesting psychologically speaking.

-James

backseatdevil.com

• flipper
    flipper

BACKSEATDEVIL- I agree that our dreams do tend to be about things we are working out in our subconscious mind. Experiences, emotions we have felt, it's all an extension of our personality indeed . Peace out, mr. Flipper

• *lost*
    *lost*

flipper

I was about 18 when I found 'the troof' (slaps herself stupid up the head - for being so stupid, lol)

so was having the night terrors when I was little, for some reason.

I have been enjoying intense feelings of love and happiness lately. It's like 'ooooh, what is this strange feeling, i love it' lol.

(it's like when your in low grade chronic pain all of the time, you just live with it and get used to it. Then, when you experience a release from the pain, you really then, fully understand how your living with the chronic pain, without realising how it's bringing you 'down'. It's like when I have a 'puff' wow, instant release, amazing feeling. and I don't mean getting stoned of your head, just a little to take the edge of. but, wow, the feeling of release, no pain, happiness, heightened sense. All strange feelings and emotions we re-connect with.

I do tend to have mildly 'manic' phases. this past few days, energised like nothing I can describe (like the old self I was, before my left fell apart).

been getting some really good potential business idea's, and have drawn up a few plans and goals. so happy bout that. Being manic can be a good force too.

been planning the rest of my life.

These 'mildly manic' phases, also seem connected to the 'full moon'.

Slept very little last night, got up a few times through the night. and wow, what a fab full moon we had, very few clouds, it was a wonderful sight to see.

I do think our emtions and feelings and 'subconsciousness' play a big part in our dreams, rest, health etc.

I think poor sleeping habits are the result of underlying 'health' issues.

we are all going to get on a de-tox healthy living spell, clean ourselves out of all the built up toxins. will see if it makes a difference too.

Keep up the good work.

• flipper
    flipper

LOST- I'm glad you've been feeling a lot of love & happiness in your life lately! That's really cool. I know what you mean about having chronic pain and then realizing it's gone. This can happen with physical pain as well as eliminating our deep psychological pain in our minds we had due to the JW cult involvement. Since I stopped attending almost 10 years ago- it has been the happiest time of my life with freedom of mind and pursuing my interests of playing music, playing guitar and singing. I feel like my life is just beginning and blossoming. And a little , occasional " puff " now and then doesn't hurt either for anybody ! I wish you the best on your business plans - I hope they come to fruition for you and are successful ! Indeed the full moon was beautiful this last weekend, I think it was at it's closest to the earth in awhile mileage wise. You are right how health issues can affect our sleep- my wife has real problems getting to sleep at night - sometimes she won't get to sleep until 1:00 A.M. with insomnia.

But I wish you the best my friend ! Glad to have you here on the board. I enjoy your posts and great observations and ideas. Thanks for the kind words and keep the great work up yourself ! Take care

• *lost*
    *lost*

flipper excellent comments, thank you.

it gives us things to focus on and chew over in our minds.

it's like the song ............. I can see clearly now the rain has gone.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My Hubble is retired from the Army. He has dreams all the time about getting called back. At his age it's very unlikely, but I think he sometimes misses being part of it. I think it's just his subconscous working out his conflicting emotions about it.

I don't often remember my dreams, but I often wake up with a song stuck in my head. There is actually a term for this, it's an ear worm. Sometimes it seems my subconscious is telling me something, because parts of the lyrics will loop, over and over. Sometimes it's something I have heard recently, sometimes something I haven't heard in years. I saw Les Miserable, and I was already very familiar with the lyrics, and those songs were going through my head for a month, and not just in the morning as usual, it was all day. It was pretty maddening. I have been meditating and it seems to have helped with the ear worms, plus my dreams seem more vivid and I am remembering them more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit