Have you had Dreams Lately ? Do you get Meanings from your Dreams?

by flipper 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was sitting in a chaise lounge chair outdoors and a big burly bully guy came and wanted my fancy flip flop shoes with sparklies on them, we wrestled until he got them..

When I woke up I was laughing even tho it was a bad dream at the time..

I guess I laughed because it was so bizarre..everyone knows I never wear flip flops...lol

Snoozy..that really was my dream.

• flipper
    flipper

Been working my tail off lately. 6 floor buffing jobs in 6 different towns last night. Just now waking up to see I'm alive. LOL ! I'll respond.

RESTRANGLED- To me, the meaning of your dream is perfectly clear( having been a JW myself for 44 years ). In the dream your dad is dead to your mom because he left the Jehovah's Witness cult. You know how the witnesses are trained to view those who leave the organization as " dead in Jehovah's eyes " ? That's what the death of your dad signifies in your dream in my opinion. Essentially it's a never ending dream for you- because that unfinished situation in your life never changed while your dad was alive. He died a non-witness , and in your subconscious mind you have some resentment towards your mom for putting pressure on your dad while he was alive.

The clown suit on your mom and circus like Disney atmosphere represents the fantasy like unreality the witnesses live in and that they can't be taken seriously - as everything they believe in is an unreality, like a Disney world per se.

LEEC- The fact that some of your dreams have " emotional drama " meshed inside them indicates that dreams possibly are part of our fragmented pieces of personality coming together. I agree with you like a computer re-fragmenting of sorts. Of course, dreams don't HAVE to have a meaning, it's just a theory of some psychologists that indeed they DO have a meaning. One theory I tend to agree with.

FRANKIESPEAKIN- Exactly. The important things in dreams is what they mean to us personally, individually.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Wow. Double wow. My wife and I know you very well, you are a close friend to us. I'm so sorry you have been plagued by these nightmares at least 5 times this week. Definitely evidence of the stress you are presently going through- and what you have suffered in your life over the years. I think from reading all your dreams - I see your authentic personality waking up and coming to the fore in a vivid realization in your dreams helping you to see the Jehovah's Witness organization was not all you thought it had been all those years. You are seeing from your dreams that the elders AND the child abuse scandals are all connected and that the JW organization and WT society do everything they can to make sure child abuse proliferates and is swept under the rug.

In your dream where the elder came to your house and you stood up to him telling him " he had no right " to tell you and your husband what to do - it is your real authentic personality coming out to be free and stand up on your behalf after all the years you were in the cult. Your dreams are also showing you in a personal way - many of these JW's just cannot be trusted as lots of the abusers in your dreams were people you knew. So it is you in your subconscious mind coming out and saying " I need to protect myself. " And THAT my friend is a good thing to heed.

ASILENTONE- Incredible. What an interesting dream. Very interesting. How long AFTER you had the dream about meeting this elder was it when you met him in real life ? Trying to determine a time frame. Was it months, or years after you had the dream of meeting him ? Perhaps you had heard his name brought up in conversations with others ? I don't know. Maybe something you saw in this guy indicated to you he would eventually leave the JW's. Wild.

SNOOZY- Very funny dream ! Perhaps you need to keep an eye on your shoes or sandals next time you are lounging ! LOL ! Maybe the dream indicates you have a foot fetish of some sort ! LOL ! Was the big guy wanting to rub your feet ? Or just take your flip flops away ? Just keep an eye on those feet sis ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Maybe someone can help me out with this one. I almost never have witness dreams but this one happened recently. It was long enough ago that I don't remember too many details or plot, but I do remember that I was talking to an elder, I think there were several other witnesses in the dream as well and they were not, if I recall properly, anyone I know in real life (nor was the elder anyone real to me), and the conversation was not confrontational.

But here is what could use some interpretation: the elder had a third arm that came out from the underside of his triceps area on his right arm. It was a fairly normal arm, or as normal as a third arm growing out of one of your arms might be.

wtf is that about?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

six

did you see ricky gervais on Jon Stewart? Oh that was three legs!!!!

But maybe you meant for the elder to have three legs!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/129765/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-ricky-gervais

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, he used my old joke! (mommy or daddy)

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

I am really into my own drerams and interpreting them. It's funny that I have found that many of my JW dreams are fuklfikked quite accurately if I take action to fulfill them. But your dreams seems to be saying that the spiritual food provided by the Governing Body is junk food, and that if anyone complains about there order, then they get punished or kicked out. The guy in his twenties you saw might be me. The elders tried to kick me out of the Kingdom Hall last year because I went to the hall disfellowshipped talking to the friends. I refused to leave. I have a video on youtube about it, check it out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNg1cpzSXts

• flipper
    flipper

SIX OF NINE- My wife had a good idea for interpreting your dream. The elder having the third arm coming out from the " underside " of his tricep in her opinion signified that the elders hide what they really are. They have hidden agendas coming out of that " hidden arm " - so it may indicate you never really trusted the elders were shooting straight with you. Can't blame you. I never trusted them. I always thought they were up to something no good.

PURPLE SOFA- Thanks for the link to the Jon Stewart show . Incredible.

CLINT BUSSEY- That is awesome you went back to the Kingdom hall talking to people in a DFed state. You really have some stones dude ! Cool ! I'll have to watch your U-tube. That is a great take on my dream. We got served junkfood and if we complained we get kicked out ! I like it. Good take. That's great you are getting interpretations on your dreams ! Welcme to the board also . Nice to have you

• asilentone
    asilentone

Flipper, I believe the dream was few months before he came into my congregation.

• flipper
    flipper

SILENTONE- So you dreamed of the elder coming to your congregation a few months before he actually came ? Wow. You must have some psychic abilities happening here. Pretty interesting. Use those abilities to your and others advantage ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I've just gotten back to this thread.

I think that was a great analysis of my dream! Good job Mr. Flipper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit