Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• semelcred
    semelcred

Hi Paulapollos

I too served at the london bethel, 95-97. I remember Mike Pottage, he came back to the london bethel because of civil unrest in the country in which him and his wife were serving. He became a memeber and overseer of the construction family. Some of the posts mention his ability to weave his missionary past into every conversation, very funny and true!

After leaving bethel my wife and I pioneered for 5 years and I served as an elder for 4 of them. I started to be troubled by issues almost a tear after being appointed, but many here on this forum will have done the same - 'left it to Jehovah'. At bethel i did see some strange things, it was the bidding for rooms that made me laugh the most though. Uglier things revolved around the pecking order and bethel eldership. There was a power struggle around 'the press' with a member of the GB having to fly out and give them all a talking too! I really feel for you and your wives for the way you were treated. In my experience, bethel becomes the coldest place on earth when you tell them your leaving, it must have been truly strange for all of you.

I have never posted on here before but i am a big fan of the freeminds website. I felt like responding as the discussion reminded me of some fun times, some people i know and the strange place they call bethel.

Why do you think, if the reports are true! that a number of responsible ones are starting to take the emblems? I have my ideas but i would be interedted if you had heard any discussions from around the bethel table!

Kind regards J

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome semelcred!

The Worldwide Church Of God story will ring true with most JWs/exJWs.

I pray the whole WT house of cards comes crashing down under Grace.

Called To Be Free

Blessings,

Stephen

• metatron
    metatron

I'm not the Bible believer I used to be but it needs to be pointed out that the Watchtower's actions in suppressing belief about Jesus being the Mediator of all men makes them Anti-Christs by simple definition.

metatron

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen metatron! Mark 12:34

1 John 2:18-23 (New International Version)

Warning Against Antichrists
    18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

John 5:23 (New International Version)

23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Blessings,

Stephen

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Truthexplorer – thanks for your kind words. I know you won't take it as false modesty, but I honestly don't believe it was courage. Yes, we all lost friends and family, but that was the price we all paid. Everyone's situation is so different isn't it? We all know that the average Witness is materialistic and selfish – they are obsessed with going into a Paradise, where they get to pet lions, swim with dolphins, build giant houses, go on yachts around the world, eat the best food, have no war, suffering, and most of all, get to share their prosperity with family and friends, who can spend time congratulating each other on survival and service, so they can feel good about themselves, and pat each other on the back . Let's face it, they are happy with God's Kingdom if it provides all that, and stays up there in heaven, without getting too involved in their personal lives. The fact is, they want a social club, a community where they all praise each other for their integrity, and revel in how they got thru. And that is the fault of the WT. The Wt leaders are selfish. So they appeal to others on the basis of selfishness. And then, later some Witnesses find out certain things – but by now their whole life is utterly tied up in the social club, the community of the present-day Jehovah's Witnesses. If they leave, they lose it all – family, friends, all that in their eyes, makes life worth living. When I think of that – whose fault is it? The Witness, who has been shaped and molded – maybe a bit, yes. Or the Organisation? I know who I blame. That's why I never feel it is courage. I just feel sorry for those trapped, and that''s why I come on this site. To offer my support, so they can have someone to talk to, if they want, and so that they can benefit from my experience.

IMO That was a subperb breakdown of the mindeset behind most JW

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

love it

Randy

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

I couldn't disagree with you more, Paulapollos. What you and the others did took courage! You were very courageous. Kudos to you and the others for sticking to your principles!

• Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

In answer to some of the postings, the London Branch Committee is currently formed by:

Stephen Hardy (coordinator)

Peter Ellis (in charge of Service Dept, has a lot of clout)

Dennis Dutton

John Andrews (was coordinator years ago)

Bevan Vigo (Service Dept)

Jack Dowson

Ron Drage

Stephen Papps (kiwi, used to work in the Service Dept)

Peter Bell (press)

Paul Gillies (main spokesman & involved with legal representation)

District Overseers are: Roy Renouf, David Algar, Anthony Kendall, Stephen Clark, Michael Purbrick, Peter Howell, Peter Morgan (not 100% sure if he's now Circuit). I think that's all, although I could miss one or two.

Mel Parkin is not in Bethel. He attends an Albanian-speaking group and serves as substitute Circuit Overseer and has been the Convention Overseer for Twickenham District Convention since the flood (that is Noah's flood).

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Welcome to the forum Le Chat Noir

As by your detailed post, you certainly are knowledgeable about the English/British hierarchy.

Thanks for the info and we hope to hear more from you soon!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• agonus
    agonus

"I pray the whole WT house of cards comes crashing down under Grace."

For a religion that's replaced the word "Grace" in the Bible with the unwieldy "Undeserved Kindness", don't count on it.

But, all things are possible with God...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit