Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

Paulapollos you have another pm

• blondie
    blondie

Just a tip for the financially challenged, try a used book site...to find Ray Franz' books.

www.amazon.com

www.alibris.com

• freddo
    freddo

Thank you PaulApollos

I think you could wake a lot of people up! Do you think the branch committee left your wives alone to lend weight to the "immorality" rumours?

- regarding my post re Michael Pottage and his talk - I wasn't there either and the couple who told me about it had their children personally affected by Michael Porter and so would have been tuned in for "words of comfort" from a visiting bethel speaker - so when he simply stuck to his outline, moaned about brothers going to center parcs instead of being there at the assembly and went on about how worse off we could be (referring to his missionary experiences in Africa and how the locals suffered) - then it came across as out-of-touch, insensitive and uncaring to them.

I have chosen to fly under the radar but know of several in London Bethel and mention of a "few in bethel" getting disfellowshipped and being linked to "immorality" has come my way recently. Fortunately I have been around the block long enough to now how that would be obfuscation to hide the truth of the matter.

Have you thought of sending a letter to all your erstwhile brethren explaining the true facts? Do your wives want to stay "in"? Have you thought of setting up a support group for others who might leave if "they had somewhere to go"?

• carla
    carla

Welcome to the board and thank you for all your info!

Your paragraph in re:"As for the average JW being ignorant of even their own theology......" - is so true! it has been such a source of frustration for me a ubm (unbelieving mate on the ex jw boards)! You see my jw joined up a few years ago and as you can imagine our entire life was turned upside down by the pharasitical rules of the wt. Fortunately our kids will never become jw's, if there is any silver lining to be found that would be it.

I wish you well, from reading the experiences on the boards for many years now I understand how difficult being df'd will be on you and your family.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

Hi Freddo

I'm not sure about waking people up – I think maybe I'm too undermined, have been tarred too much by the Branch Committee, to be of any use to Witnesses still in, who still have some sembalance of belief in it!

Regarding the wives being left alone, I didn't want to say that earlier because it is only my opinion, but yes, I believe that is exactly the case – it added to the smokescreen. Somewhat convenient.

As for the Mike Pottage issue – you know, that is one thing I could never stomach really. If someone has done something so hurtful, and harmed children like that, there is no need to pretend that it hasn't happened. Publicly speaking from the platform, without going into details so as to spare the people involved, clearly condemning it, and reassuring the victims that you care, that you are sorry for any mistakes that you may have made, and that you will do all you can to help them cope – isn't that responsible, isn't that loving? Wouldn't that be the beginning of caring? I can't help but be cheesy here, and say “If Jesus was here, what would he do?” I never understood – it happened, and the people needed to see that this organisation cares. And instead, they get essentially – nothing. That's painful, and in my personal opinion, utterly wrong.

I'm glad you knew it was obstufucation!

To be honest, I haven't thought of a letter – but I'm not sure who would read it. After all, I am a “dangerous, vile, disloyal, satanic apostate” - hardly likely to qualify as “commendable reading material” for my wholesome Christian associates! As for a support group, I haven't the foggiest on how to do that, but if I could help to do something, than that would be nice – if you have any suggestions or ideas or places I can assist, let me know. I probably wouldn't be of much use, but I'll do what I can!

PP

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi there. I just read this and want to say I respect your conscientious stand. That isn't something the borg is used to me thinks.

Wishing you all the best in the future.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I always hated the way they structured the announcements of those dfd. I have seen them announce men and women together when there was no connection. It made for some lively gossip however.

Sounds like they used the same tactic on you, by leaving your wife alone and announcing another lady.

• etna
    etna

It makes me so happy that you and the 3 others have decided to be truthful, Paulapollos. I haven't been able to go since I've learnt the truth about so many things that go againgst the bible. I would never had read "Crisis of the Conscience", but I have now and I'm shocked and I have decided never to be a hypocrite again. I would love to hear more of your story. I was born into the org and am now 50years old with alot of family in still that won't talk, but as you I only want to be truthful about everything. Hope everything is well with you.

Etna

• dissed
    dissed

Paulapollos

At this site, many of our visiters are still involved with the WTS and are questioning. Your insite and experience could help them alot, and has already.

Thank you for what you've been kind enough to share. Please keep posting your observations and feelings!

Dissed - Been there, done that 13 years ago.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Regarding the wives being left alone, I didn't want to say that earlier because it is only my opinion, but yes, I believe that is exactly the case – it added to the smokescreen. Somewhat convenient.

I think they are badly underestimating the women!!! but I so agree with you paulapollos - indeed I have heard some rumours about immorality. These sorts of rumours are also designed to make the poor wives suspicious too. Another rumour/analogy that has a lot of currency amongst branch committe members is to insinuate criminal behaviour.

Have you ever discussed anything with a branch committee member. Well there are at least 3 branch members who are master, albiet sincere, rhetoricians! (based on their public talks)

Proverbs 26:17 is a popular scripture against women

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit