Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails

Hey Paulapollos, I much appreciate your time and your information. I'd like to ask about statements you made in an earlier post:

2 elders and the servant involved in what the Society laughably refers to as "confidential" work.

Could you give us some examples of this "confidential" work you and the others were involved in, like a specific reference, please don't misunderstand my intentions I'm not questioning the work, just have no idea what's involved from further descriptions and details will perhaps give me an "aha" moment on this point. Thanks.

All 4 were disfellowshipped for apostasy - the MS went first, then the three elders in due time, one of whom was a partaker of the emblems.

Could you tell us if the work involved lead this brother to partake of the emblems. Like for example did the things he learned from reading the Scriptures develop in him the want to partake. Sort of like what Ed Dunlap realized (which I read in CoC). Of course if you aren't the brother involved you may only be able to give an approximation of what he had in mind if anything. But you must have spoken with one another, if not before the DF'ing then perhaps afterwards.

I'd love to be able to hear more from you and the other brothers involved if you can encourage them to take part in this forum.

Again, I much appreciate your time and your willingness to share your thoughts and experience here.

--Cattails

• oppostate
    oppostate

If you get a chance Paul, I'd be interested in learning about your Judicial
    Committee meeting and how things went. I listened to Ed Dunlap's tape
    online and it was very heart wrenching to hear how a brother could be
    treated in such an un-Christian manner. I forget which website it was that
    I found it on once I started reading Crisis of Conscience and searching the
    internet for more information. 
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Very heartbreaking. Thanks to people like Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap, I will never sit for a judicial committee. I have no hope for a fair hearing and I no longer recognize their "judicial" authority anyway. When they finally decide to have one, they'll be having it alone.

• Edington
    Edington

I remember something a few years ago in the W/T about the FDS saying the Bible was written for them only & that the ransom sacrifice of Christ was for them only & that we the 'other sheep' benefit from it by association with them.

Does anyone know which W/T a statement to this effect was made?

Ed

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

stillajwexelder - John Wynn, and his wife Hetty have both died.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Edington, 12/15/2008 might be one you're referring to in "Appreciate Jesus Unique Role in God's Purpose" pars. 11-14.

Also 1/15/08 "Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom" paragraph 11.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Edington Dont know if this is the one you are thinking of

(WT 1st Oct. 1967, pg 587)

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's invisible organization in mind".

• Podobear
    Podobear

I remember Hetty and John Wynn well. Hetty was Dutch and loved her flowers, would talk to them regularly each morning as we started work. Then she would throw open the windows for some fresh air. This usually started an office war with Ted F-B who disliked the "cold" intensely. You may think John was not a hard liner. He was a true Gloucester boy with country values. He refused to buy in Horlicks for the Bethel family, as he felt it was priced extortionately (and he was right).

I vividly remember him in a shouting match with one of my roommates named Jimmy (aren't they all!) for all to hear. John was influenced by Hetty's Dutch turns of phrase and eccentricity. Workmen were smoking whilst effecting repairs to the home,and the whole corridor wreaked of tobacco. John had accused Jimmy of having a shag under the stair well. The day Scotland and England clashed head on I recall. Jimmy left soon there after.

Wynn, Rees, and Gooch have long since gone, leaving two very hard liners in pole position.. Drage and Ellis. Cold as ice.

A c/o I loved especially was Jeff Young and his wonderful wife Vee.

Spoke to Dad yesterday.. no news yet of any departures in his neck of the woods, the London suburbs. Are you sure of the facts here? I know all of the committee as listed with just one exception.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a warm welcome Podobear, wow those old names keep popping up Wilf Gooch a real heavyweight name from the past, probably the same era as John Blanely as well, as a security on the platform during D/C's at Twickers always remember a deteriorating Blanely and his Bethel helpers.

Do you remember another Bethel heavy possible former D/O and C/O speaker at D/C's whose name escapes me, who could possibly be describled as a Ray Reardon / Dracular look a like,Nothern accent possibly from Lancashire?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wynn, Rees, and Gooch

There's a blast from the Past!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit