Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Welcome OnTheRocks and other Newbs. I left about the same time and life has been good since.

Think About It

• freddo
    freddo

MMXIV - welcome to you and others. May I call you 2014? It's easier to type!

A question to those with contacts in London Bethel - is it business as usual down there as they get new suckers in to do the work of Spain branch or are they circling the wagons to fight the "apostate hordes"?

My tenuous link with London bethel (a relative who has a close friend there) wonders how I know about the apostasy problem as it is supposed to be being kept quiet.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi Freddo,

it is "business as usual", except that there is a closer watch on any signs of deviation from the published interpretations of Biblical topics.

Podobear, some of your points were very interesting - some of them were views held by the d'fd 4.

PP

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thanks Paulapollos.. I had a feeling that the issues of 1981/82 at Brooklyn Bethel had emerged again. This board has been the first time I have been able to explore thoughts on the matter. A couple of posters have been very enlightening and I am continuing dialogue on the subject... Any further thoughts on the matter please.. scripturally. Our never was a JW fellow posters seem to have fallen silent.

The BIG difference in the JW doctrine v. Mainstream Christendom is the belief that the Bible must be read as a whole and not the Greek Scriptures (not the New Testament I hasten to add!!) in isolation. The Kingdom has both Heavenly and Earthly expression.. so the HOPE is the same, just One Hope but our destiny is for Christ to choose as Head of the Christian Congregation... it is not for us to say we want to be part of the Government of us.

More thoughts on this intriguing subject for those of us that are not yet spiritually disenfranchised... Thank you Paulapollos

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Podobear

I will PM you my thoughts on all the scriptural matters you raised

Love

PP

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

I sent you a pm Paulapollos

HOTB

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome HappyOutsideTheBox!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Podobear
    Podobear

Welcome to a fellow Newbie...HappyOutsideThebox: I am in the process of hopefully solving a mystery that has both haunted and plagued me for 25 years. PaulandApollos has started a very interesting thread- a major doctrinal issue- which I have always believed needs refinement and greater understanding amongst Jehovah's Witnesses. It would be interesting to develop a fuller, entire understanding of the joint Christian hope.. its significance to all Christians regardless of their destiny and decision as to whether each one (regardless of destiny) should honour the sacred to command to "Eat and Drink" the blood and flesh of Christ in rememberence of him. It is central and core to what happened in Brooklyn in 1981/82.

Thank you for the PM's from fellow posters on the subject... this has the hallmark of clearer understanding... may you not be considered as the Sons/Daughters of Korah.. but more akin to the enquirers of Beroean, checking daily "as to whether these things are so."

Agape, Podo

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Thank you for the welcome Stephen and Podobear

I wish you well on solving your 25 year old mystery Podobear. I will bypass on starting to think about that for the moment though. I have found myself actively not thinking (how's that for an oxymoron?) about spiritual or doctrinal matters. Since I began fading and now that I consider myself FREE - I know I have to give myself time for ME.

Previously I was an excellent student and I have a great depth of knowledge of the scriptures and JW teachings. However I cannot allow myself to think about issues which I will by default answer from past knowledge. I have always known I could persuade people in or out of the 'truth' if I so chose. At the moment the thought of any religion leaves me cold.

Like most folks on here - there has to be a time of recovery from a lifetime of servitude - let the healing commence.

HOTB

• wobble
    wobble

It is my belief that Jesus wanted the early Christians to break bread, and drink wine in the manner he did, every time they met for a "Love feast", not just once a year.

Such practise would keep their minds fixed on what Jesus life and death meant. it can serve the same purpose today, but to overly ritualise it, and to make it a once a year thing, is to lose the spirit of the original communion meal.

Much of the urgent reason for it has gone, we are not persecuted by Romans, the Church is not in a fledgling state ,full of ideas and developing understandings and doctrines, so the need for a unifying custom that melded people together is not so strong, though still of value.

I believe the pompous ritual you see in Christendom's churches, and the JW farce, are both a travesty of what went on, and was needed ,in the House Churches of the 1st. century.

Agape, and Maranatha !

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit