NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

I apologize for my profanity. I'm sure the same point could be better made by the more eloquent among you.

But, like the WT, I am SO done with subtlety.

• agonus
    agonus

good point oracle

• agonus
    agonus

In the movie Titanic, what characters do you remember most? Who (besides Jack and Rose, which is obvious) were the most poignant? Do you remember the officers barking orders or any of the countless ones scurrying like rats?

I don't know about you, but the characters that stuck with me the most were the sweet old couple who stayed in the bed holding each other, resigned to their fate, and the musicians who played as the ship went down.

The ship is going down, friends. Who do you want to be? The ones mindlessly shouting orders? The rabble mindlessly obeying and/or scurrying?

Or do you want to be the ones who remember what's most important, even in the last few moments in existence, i.e. easing the pain of others before they shuffle off this mortal coil?

I don't know about you, but I'll be playing my violin until my lungs are full of ice water.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

In a sense, there is nowhere else to go once your faith is shattered. There's not going to be another religion that I'll ever believe. I don't think there will ever be the sure hope of salvation like I thought I had before. Everything now is a big question. So the witnesses don't have the truth. What is the truth? Who knows?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Indeed. Who knows?

The beautiful thing is... we are free to pursue the answers now.

Free to pursue real truth.

On every subject.

To consider every opinion.

To hear all viewpoints.

To weigh every idea based on its own merit.

For this we all need to be thankful.

Peace to all

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

PAUL from CLEVELAND- Truth is you my friend. YOU alone ARE the truth. You will find the truth within yourself. You are here on this earth to be a loving, caring, giving individual and make a positive impact on humanity and society. The truth is inside of you. Find it. You will. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gerard
    Gerard

alt

Generashun overlap???? Twinity????

• agonus
    agonus

"I am the way, the light, and THE TRUTH."

I'm pretty sure somebody said that...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nugget and I shared this with a really good friend of ours yesterday. He's an elder and fully indoctrinated.We showed him the article in an excited "New Light" type of way. I explained that if you took the GB as a representative group of annointed, you have J Barr born in 1913, and Geoff Jackson born in 1955. They represent the two groups of annointed discussed in the article. Because Geoff knows Jack who was alive in 1914, Geoff is now part of the generation. If Geoff lives to 95, that means the New System could be another 40 years away.

My friend went very quiet!!!! He then went through a rationalisation process. First of all he said "It doesn't mean the end isn't close, If I was given an estimated price for something of between £5 and £40, it doesn't mean I would expect that item to cost £40, therefore because the time left could be another 40 years, it doesn't mean it will be, it could only be few years away".

Then he began to talk about world conditions, "the FDS have told us to keep awake and watch what's happening in the world. We are seeing fulfillment, earthquakes, wars, a breakdown in society" .......

You could see the cognitive dissonance kicking in, within an hour he gone from being visibly quite shocked to delighted with the new thought. He had taken on a "this explains it then" attitude. I think what we saw yesterday is what will happen to the majority of witnesses across the globe.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Agonus, I have to agree with you there that I just can't imagine them trying to explain that to a "study" or a "newly interested one".

I am meeting with my JW on Monday. I am planning to ask for an explanation of generation. Wonder which version I'll get? This could be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit