NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• readyornot
    readyornot

Changing the definition of generation to suit their needs!!???? oh why, oh why am I still surprised by this BS?

My mom has been attending Pioneer School for the last 2 weeks. She's going to lap up this swill and be so excited to incorporate it with her new found emotional, target marketing preaching skills.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

The scripture actually points out the flaw in the reasoning directly. The generation that SEE the signs and (WT$ addition) comprehend them, will not pass away.

For example my grandfather lived through (saw) the great depression; however as many times he told me about it, I read about it, I did not SEE (live through) the great depression. Put simply I am not of his generation that saw the great depression even though our lifetimes have overlapped.

I doubt if this will cause any cognitive dissonance in the rank and file.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6)

Here is what Ex. 1:6 says: Now Joseph and all his brothers and all that generation died

The scripture offers absolutely no "meat" other than to say that the generation died.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Its ridiculous!

I never understood the generation thing when I was in but now I look at it as an independent thinker it makes no sense whatsoever! I just hope that one day my parents will wake up to this and all the others who are stuck in the cult.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Does this mean that they were wrong about the "generation" last time?

elder-schmelder

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

One just hopes that they apply this change logic to the blood doctrine, and soon.

Amen to that.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

...So, evidently, it is reasonable to conclude that the generation who saw the generation who saw 1914 form a compsite generation. As a class, this composite generation, therefore, see every part of the composite sign of the last days. Rightly could Jesus say 'this generation will by no means pass away'. Logically we can thus be assured that the loving provision of annointed ones to lead God's organisation on earth will continue through the fast-approaching Great Tribulation and on into the long awaited fulfilment of the paradisaic promise...

Oh boy.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Does this mean that they were wrong about the "generation" last time?

...and the time before that... and the time before that too?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Terry,

I also thought it odd that Jesus supposedly came in 1914 and has been doing nothing. I was told 'he is ruling in the midst of his enemies..' or some such answer. I thought this sounded lame - almost like he is fiddling while Rome burns. I just did not buy this excuse. I cannot imagine that Jesus really came in 1914.

• moshe
    moshe

Terry , you summed it up very nicely. Those lies upon lies do bite you in the end. Good to see you back here today!

I wonder just how many times the word "Evidently" has been used in the Watchtower over the years? They also love the word, "Apparently", too.

I bet, these two words preface most of the unique WT doctrines and new light changes, and help make it right as rain for the JW's walnut sized brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit