NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Hi undertheradar (that's where I am as well)

Yes, the 2010 understanding is a refinement of the current 2008 understanding.

Feb 2008 the generation is any anointed who see any part of the sign. (open ended, Armageddon could be 2000 years away)

Feb 2010 the generation is now a composite of two generations of anointed who overlap. (fuzzy closed ending - people can start doing generational arithmetic again)

It's similar logic to the FDS class being appointed over itself.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, it is adding something.

This new interpretation not only opens the way for an influx of newly-anointed ones, it also states that the lives of these newly-anointed ones overlap with the lives of the anointed on hand in 1914 - one seamless line that will culminate in the Great Tribulation!

Crafty, isn't it?

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Out of couriosity, is there any proof of this ??

• snowbird
    snowbird

"Let the reader use discernment."

Sylvia

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Proof? They don't need proof. It's "evidently" true.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No, I mean proof that the WT wrote this.

• Mad Sweeney
  • snowbird
    snowbird

The opening post presents what WT said in the article of April 15, 2010.

What I wrote is my take on their reasoning, PSAC.

Of course, I never believed by "this generation," Jesus meant those of the 20th/21st century, anyway.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

THANKS !

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

Thanks I appreciate that Sapphy and snowbird, you've explained that clearly.

In 2008 when I originally read that magazine I got that they were talking about the generation being the early Christian anointed and the anointed who see the signs around 1914.

Then, after reading the 2010 article, I went back and read the box in the 2008 article entitled "CAN WE CALCULATE THE LENGTH OF THIS GENERATION" and the mention there of overlapping lives threw me.

LOL Just typing that has thrown me again. I will have to write out what you have said and pin it up somewhere, although I feel crazy trying to grasp something that is ridiculous in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit