NEW GENERATION DEFINED -- April 15, 2010 Watchtower

by Ultimate Reality 385 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

They are just making this stuff as they go along.......to compensate for their failure .......so it is business as usual!

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.........George Santayana, The Life of Reason, V1, 1905

For JWs (R&F, Service and Bethelites) that can be modified to those who chose not to read the past publications are condemned to repeat it and continue in the darkness of the mythical lie.

• Mary
    Mary
    They only have 144,000 of said "anointed" to play around with, so this ruse can't go on forever, especially since a lot of those 144,000 have already been "used up" throughout the more than 130 years since Russell began publishing Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's presence.

I've long thought that the next step is where they'll make the 144,000 a 'symbolic' number at the same time (or right after) they fully change the "F&DS" to apply only to the Governing Body. There have been a few WT study articles recently that indicate a slide towards this already. We've seen where they claim that any "anointed" outside of the GB themselves do not have "any more Holy Spirit than those of the Great Crowd", which is a huge slap in the face to those professing to be part of that group. We've also seen in the last 2 - 3 years, a huge push on elevating the status of the GB themselves and how our "survival" depends solely on our 'obedience' to them---not to Jesus or Jehovah. Once they make this latter change, they won't give a damn how many partake of the emblems anymore, as they've finally excluded everyone else from their She-Man-Woman-Hater-Club and will officially be Lord and Saviour of all mankind.

Once these changes are made, you'll have more and more younger ones profess themselves to be of the 'anointed class', which will give them a never-ending "overlapping" generation to play with.

An' u kin tell every-budy that you hurd it hear first on Roller Derby.

• Growingup
    Growingup

I think a great deal of witnesses will be genuinely excited about such a watchtower study... it gives them something new to think about. Generally when these kinds of things are published in the Watchtower they are simply not entirely explicit in their nature and I believe they expect the members to draw their own conclusions and speak with other Jw's on the subject thus generating a type of buzz that will promote activity (i.e. 1975). In retrospect, when I was a JW I loved hearing how the Revalation book was 'changed' for the new bookstudy... or there was a new idea in a watchtower article that brother so and pointed out... that was so exciting. When you are a victim of the type of thinking the WTS drills into your head, you not only look forward such to doctirnal changes... you savor them. The whole idea of course is unsavory to many here because we have a common understanding of the propaganda the WTS publishes and the heavy handed dogmatic way it employs it... but to the victims it only means excitement. After all, JW's are just victims to a big scam, I feel sorry for them.

• yknot
    yknot

All they have to do to dodge the numerical reality of reaching 144,000 again is to simply stop publishing the numbers and to make partaking symbolically open to all but maintaining the literalness of the 144,000 and two classes (well three classes....R&F, anointed and it's GB)

And since we all know many JWs will lap up the overlapping......it cans easily be done in a QFR, followed by a brief paragraph mention a few months later like they did with 2007's unsealing....

• freydo
    freydo

Jehovah Gives Light to His Spirit Directed People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Sdh239AII

• Mary
    Mary

Yknot---great minds think alike!

• dissed
    dissed

georgiegirl

6 million will accept it because they haven't a clue what it means and don't really care

"Just close your eyes, tap your shoes together 3 times, and say, 'I believe, I believe, I believe' and you will wake up in Kansas, ...uh..we mean the Paradise"

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    In retrospect, when I was a JW I loved hearing how the Revalation book was 'changed' for the new bookstudy... or there was a new idea in a watchtower article that brother so and pointed out... that was so exciting.

When the 1995 generation change came along, I was an unbaptized teenager, but I was in the midst of embracing the JW faith for the first time in my life. I would read every magazine religiously when it arrived in the mail. I vividly remember receiving the magazine that announced the generation change in the mail. Actually, the sheep-and-goats doctrine change was announced first. That was followed up by the generation change in the next issue.

The point is, I devoured those issues up and spoke to whoever would listen about them. Most viewed my pronouncements with skepticism because it was coming from the mouth of a teenaged, unbaptized JW. Of course, few people actually read the magazines until the day before the Watchtower study, if at all. I was overwhelmed with excitement. The light was getting brighter! There was more time to bring teach the truth to people in China!

When the WT study addressing these changes finally came along, the news was met with a loud yawn by the rest of the congregation (at least publicly). Many people didn't understand how the doctrine had changed. In hindsight, a lot of people were probably struggling to hide/shield their disappointment from the rest of the congregation, but life kept going on as usual. There was neither a mass exodus nor a surge in excitement. People kept on living their lives in the same routine manner as before. I fully expect this change to follow the same pattern.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is the same definition that was given from the platform at the annual meeting in October.

They must have decided the trial balloon flew well.

• donny
    donny

Even if the number surpasses 144,000 they will have "new light" that will explain it.

The Annointed - How Many?

In the past few years lovers of truth have taken notice that the number of annointed seems to have surpassed the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation chapters 7 and 14. Can this be reconciled with the Bible? Happily the answer is "Yes". We can see an example of this in Matther 18:22 where Peter asked him "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered him, "I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy times seven."

So apparently it was not the traditional seven times as had been the custom for generations, but seventy times seven. Applying that Bible rule, we then multiply 70 times 144,000 and we arrive at 10,080,000. Logically, this means that with just over 7 million Jehovahs Witnesses worldwide, we are now part that heavenly class. This alerts faithful stewards of Gods word that the day of Jehovah is closer than ever before. This number will evidently be completed in just a few years and the task of gathering the Great Crowd will begin. What a loving God Jehovah is to reveal to his faithful slave in the last days that all baptized servants of Jehovah have now been invited to be a part of the ruling class!

We can even more appreciate the words of Daniel who described Jehovah as "the unveiler of secrets" Dan 2:29 (partial quote).

Watchtower 06/15/2023, page 6.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit