JW Apologists please tell me where your God was when .....

by wobble 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Sylvia,

I don't know how things work in Alabama, but here in the U.K we can get proof of a surgeons skills, and stats. on his/her success rate from the medical authorities. This is much more real than the Bible, the people who were operated on are still alive to attest to the surgeons abilities.

Please show how your trust, in God's word, is based on something other than heresay and emotion.

Love

Wobble

p,s It would be nice to get back on topic too, where was your God when that poor child was hung ?

• snowbird
    snowbird

That is just what we needed, LWT.

In a boiling rage, liberals constantly accuse Christians of being "judgmental." No, we're relieved.

Christianity is also the hardest religion in the world because, if you believe Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead, you have no choice but to give your life entirely over to Him. No more sexual promiscuity, no lying, no cheating, no stealing, no killing inconvenient old people or unborn babies -- no doing what all the other kids do.

And no more caring what the world thinks of you -- because, as Jesus warned in a prophecy constantly fulfilled by liberals: The world will hate you.

I daresay she's not far from the Kingdom of God.

Sylvia

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

If god or jesus ever show up during my life time, I will be on their side. Until then I will just have to take care of myself and my family. I cant spend any time talking to invisiable friends anymore.

elder-schmelder

• shamus100
    shamus100

Snowbird,

You're always going to be accused of being in with the judgemental twits that are littered amongst the planet that are 'christian'. Just as agnostics and athiests will be accused of being among the group of screaming, crying babies throwing insults at religious people.

Generalization is one of the biggest problems in our society today.

• xmkx
    xmkx

God gave us free will. With that freedom comes a price.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Please show how your trust, in God's word, is based on something other than heresay and emotion.
    Love
    Wobble
    p,s It would be nice to get back on topic too, where was your God when that poor child was hung ?

Wobble, you can find my account here. No hearsay or emotions - just the facts.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/145187/2/Christians-Convert-me-Im-Pagan

My God was in the same place as He was when His Son was lynched, watching and exercising incomprehensible (to us) patience until His time to act.

Sylvia

• DaCheech
  • DaCheech
  • sir82
    sir82

Interesting account Sylvia.

I'd say your beliefs are more based on your personal revelation than anything written in the Bible, however.

Most of the non-believers on this board have not had such a personal experience, however - I daresay the majority those professing Christianity have not either.

Lacking such an experience, would you believe as much as you do now?

Do you at least understand why so many cannot believe? They have questions that the Bible itself does not answer, and God has not seen fit to "touch them" as you believe he did to you. What is left?

Are these ones deserving of "eternal damnation" if they honestly tried to find answers, but did not?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Ann Coulter: "Christianity is the Best Deal in the Universe"
    http://www.anncoulter.org/cgi-local/printer_friendly.cgi?article=349

AH Ann...

See, I don't think what she saod was ALL bad, at least I think here intent and heart were kind of in the right place.

Christianity is a forgiving religion and forgivenss is one of the cornerstones of our faith, as long as it goes with repentence.

It doesn't mean that one don't still have to "do the time for doing the crime", no it does't mean that, it means that God's love is so great that if a person repents for REAL, God's love is so strong that God will forgive him.

Is it the best deal in the universe?

Hell no !

People with no sense of morals have way more fun !!

LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit