JW Apologists please tell me where your God was when .....

by wobble 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

During the dark days of the second world war , the monsters that ran a Concentration camp decided to hang a child.

They hung the poor little chap so that it took half an hour for him to die, all the while making the other inmates look into the face of the child.

Where was your God then ? Was He not strong enough to do anything or did He just not care ?

If the first then he is a very weak God, if the second then,

He is a Monster !

This same question may be answered by Christians if they can, please.

Love

Wobble

• mouthy
    mouthy

This same question may be answered by Christians if they can, please.

I ask God that daily!!!! the only thing I think is the Devil is in control of this world.
    Remember now this is ONLY MOUTHY's thought.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

but the Hebrew God is meant to be a far more powerful Godhead then the Devil, and there are countless stories throughout history where a miraculous occurrence's have happened that has meant to have come form our God, if there is an apologist that can answer that I'd be surprised.My own personal beliefs are that a) if there is a God he doesn't give a shit b) there is a God but he is no where near as great and powerful that people think he is or c) there is a God but he has lost it, and dont any one say for 1 second that we are all being tested!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

He was busy in Brooklyn getting the Watchtowers printed for that month.

• acolytes
    acolytes

According to the Bible if a person has the power to stop evil he must do it.

Therefore I blame God for the Holocaust.

Acolytes.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We've been down this 'road' a few times lately.

I get very damned frustrated trying to get logical answers to this. I think last time I made a couple enemies by pressing too hard.

I have a hard time 'wanting' to worship a God who cares so little. Add to that his/her seeming refusal to act on major issues like the holocaust, and I nearly move my gamepiece to Atheist from Agnostic.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

This issue has been examined on this forum ad infinitum.

The world is being ruled by a monster in whose likeness the first pair allowed themselves to be molded.

Given the darkness that exists in our souls, I'm really surprised that we haven't destroyed ourselves, which is exactly the aim of the Evil One.

Take courage, Wobble!

Relief is on the way.

Sylvia

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Snowbird , those excuses are tired and not acceptable any more to me, there is vast amounts of goodness that mankind does even in these dark days, relief does not appear any close now then it did 500 years ago

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If there was a way to find balance between the strict Order of the Judeo-Christian God and the free-for-all Chaos of his counterpart (you can call him Satan if you like), then we would be on to something. With the supposedly "good" God "it's my way or the highway" and with Satan it's "do whatever you like, whenever you like."

I choose NEITHER. There is merit to both philosophies and one must find a balance between the two to ever feel peace in this life.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird , those excuses are tired and not acceptable any more to me,

I think it's you who are tired, Jookie.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit