JW Apologists please tell me where your God was when .....

by wobble 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Jeff, this is an excellent illustration!

I'm not sure that 'faith' in any of that has any foundation at all. If someone told you to keep investing in a fund for 6 thousand years that would bear some sort of miraculous result - a fund that you could never see, never confirm was real, never prove actually ever existed except for a 'document' of questionable validity that made the claim - how long would you pay into that account? In so doing are you showing trust in something or in nothing?

Some are never able to realize this is exactly what they are doing. I think this faith is just a defense mechanism because they cannot deal with the harsh reality.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Twitch: How about this scenario?

I raised my child in a cult.

Because of a bad choice I made, she is dealing with the repercussions of that.

But you believed what you were doing was right. You did not choose to break any "rules" knowing there was a penalty.

If you knew it would harm her, would you still have chosen the cult and have her pay the penalty of it's repercussions?

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Startingover,

For some the reality that there is no God, at least in the sense that they believe, may leave a God shaped hole in their soul.

But that shape was created by them ,so why do they not use the opportunity to "Startover" and find out the truth about God, not invent more poppycock.

Love

Wobble

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The following is taken directly from your profile Sylvia;

Left in 1988 because of unloving attitude of elders' wives. Now I realize they were jealous of my intellect. Returned 1998 (no good), left again in 2005

Seriously?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Why not ask Satan why he is so evil?

The blood of every single human's death is on his hands.

Judge Dread

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't think Satan killed anyone.

What we do to ourselves is our responsibility.

• sir82
    sir82
    No, the bible tells us that ALL authority has been given to Jesus, authority on heaven and earth.

I think this is a good point and it shouldn't be ignored or steered around.

Matthew 28:18 (New International Version)

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Words have meaning. All means all.

So, did he get allauthority or not?

If yes, why then can Satan be said to be the "ruler of the world"?

If no, well, which other verses of the Bible are incorrect?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Matthew 28:18 is just part of a document without evidence to support it as being anything more than a document.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

The following is taken directly from your profile Sylvia
    ;

Left in 1988 because of unloving attitude of elders' wives. Now I realize they were jealous of my intellect. Returned 1998 (no good), left again in 2005

Seriously?

Because I'm basking so in the glory of Alabama's BCS win, I should ignore this snarky comment - but I'm not going to do so.

Seriously, Nic.

One elder's wife and others in her clique stopped speaking to me because their husbands always assigned me service meeting parts and praised my grasp of the Scriptures and speaking abilities.

I have no reason to lie about this. I am possessed of unusual intellectual prowess, never needing to cheat at anything, as you did on the JWD Fun Trivia game. Remember?

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Matthew 28:18 is just part of a document without evidence to support it as being anything more than a document.
    Jeff

The point being that the very same "document(s)" are used to say that Satan rules this world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit