JW Apologists please tell me where your God was when .....

by wobble 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Sylvia,

"Never needing to cheat at anything " Is it not cheating us on this board, when you do not answer a straight question ?

I asked you upon what is your trust in God based ?

love

Wobble

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I asked you upon what is your trust in God based ?
    love
    Wobble

I gave you a straight answer: His Word.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let me ask you a question, Wobble.

Have you ever had surgery or some other procedure, trusting only in a printed document on the doctor's wall or the advice of others?

If so, what made you do it?

Thanks.

Sylvia

• shamus100
    shamus100

The entire problem here is arguing with Christians when you think the bible is a story book.

I'm not here to judge your lifes experience or belief in god. That's not up to me.

The bible is, in my opinion, nothing more than a story book, and it doesn't upset me in the least thinking that Adam and Eve made us all sinners. There was no adam or eve, or garden of eden, or god as we know it, and if that's what you feel, why would you get all upset? There is nothing to get upset over, that is, unless you actually BELIEVE that god is alive and tormenting us for some reason.

Turning your hatred on people who believe accomplishes nothing. That is, unless they are born-again fundies that cast fire and brimstone on us... oh, there are a few here...

If god wants to reveal himself to me, let him do so.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    That is, unless they are born-again fundies that cast fire and brimstone on us... oh, there are a few here...

Born again, but no fire and brimstone here.

All is in the Master's capable Hands.

Hallelujah!

Sylvia

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Shamus,

I agree that to hate believers is wrong, I do not, but my motive for challenging some of their claims and assumptions is that they have what strikes me as the same attitude that dubs have, that they have the "truth". I say to them, Prove it then if you have.

The problem if their unfounded assertions go unchallenged is that Newbies and Lurkers here may be sucked in to yet another false belief system without examining it, or seeing through its logical fallacies.

Dear Sylvia'

I have never, luckily, had to undergo surgery, but if I was to contemplate it, I would want to have solid proof of the surgeons capabilities, it is quite easy to ask to see how many of such operations he/she has performed, and what the success rate was. I would certainly not risk my life based on some piece of paper on the wall of doubtful provenance, would you?

But if you mean by His Word, the Bible, that is of extremely doubtful provenance.

Love

Wobble

• Twitch
    Twitch

What Shamus said.

As a general rule, I don't get involved in debating people's beliefs about god or whatever. I'm ok with my take on things and have no need to prove it to anyone.

But I sometimes like to take my mind for a jog and exercise it's ability to reason. It is what got me out of the dubs and belief in things that don't exist outside of my mind. No offence to anyone; just my opinion and belief.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The problem if their unfounded assertions go unchallenged is that Newbies and Lurkers here may be sucked in to yet another false belief system without examining it, or seeing through its logical fallacies.

Well, I have to disagree with you on that one, but gosh darn, isn't that just what makes us humans all interestin'? But seriously, most people come here hating god, and the religious are few. I don't think there is any real danger.

No, snowbird, you aren't one of those idiot fundies I'm talking about. Praise Jesus!

I don't think people who have a belief are any better or worse than me, just FYI. I know people who are deeply religious, and that is their business, not mine. We just don't go there.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I have never, luckily, had to undergo surgery, but if I was to contemplate it, I would want to have solid proof of the surgeons capabilities,

How would you obtain such "solid proof"?

Thanks.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I just couldn't pass this one up. Plenty of red meat for everyone. . .

Ann Coulter: "Christianity is the Best Deal in the Universe"

http://www.anncoulter.org/cgi-local/printer_friendly.cgi?article=349

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit