JW Apologists please tell me where your God was when .....

by wobble 154 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Do I believe this world is being ruled by evil, by Satan?

No, the bible tells us that ALL authority has been given to Jesus, authority on heaven and earth.

So why is nothing done?

Why do innocents suffer?

I don't know, I ask Jesus everyday, I really do...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

LOL I thought that was 2 little Sumo wrestlers Sylvie, accept huggs!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Phew!

Thanks, Jookie.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Galatians 4:4 But when the time arrived that was set by God the Father, God sent his Son ... MSG

Timing, my dear PSAC, timing is everything.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Timing, my dear PSAC, timing is everything.

Perhaps, but remember, I don't think its up to God and Jesus to fix OUR problems, I think its our responsibility to fix the mess we made, all I ask is for the strength to do it.

I still do ask why though, can't help it, it would be so much easier for God to :snap" his fingers and fix everything, juts like OUR kids want US to do it for them sometimes.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think by abdicating our own responsibility and power to solve our own problems, we do both ourselves and God (whoever He proves to be) a great disservice.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A God who 'acted' by banning man and woman from Eden and then hexing the entire human race because the woman ate an apple offered by a snake, but then won't make any effort to deal with the far greater 'evil' of Japanese madmen hacking women and children to death, or Nazis brutally killing millions?

Oh, come on!

His only 'act' to resolve all that, in what? 6000 years, has been to send his son to earth to 'die' a temporary death that supposedly will heal it all? Then 2000 years later nothing is healed? WTH?

Hell, the Red Cross heals more in 5 minutes than this 'all powerful, all caring, all knowing God' has bothered in 6 millenia!

WOW. I'm not sure that 'faith' in any of that has any foundation at all. If someone told you to keep investing in a fund for 6 thousand years that would bear some sort of miraculous result - a fund that you could never see, never confirm was real, never prove actually ever existed except for a 'document' of questionable validity that made the claim - how long would you pay into that account? In so doing are you showing trust in something or in nothing?

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I think by abdicating our own responsibility and power to solve our own problems, we do both ourselves and God (whoever He proves to be) a great disservice.

Agreed, 100%

Instead of waiting on paradise we can start working on making it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm doing my part.

Luke 6:31 -34 "Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back? Run-of-the-mill sinners do that. If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal? Garden-variety sinners do that. If you only give for what you hope to get out of it, do you think that's charity? The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.

35 -36 "I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You'll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we're at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.

37 -38 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don't condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you'll find life a lot easier. Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity." MSG

Sylvia

• wobble
    wobble

AK-Jeff has put it well as usual.

I will only add. to Sylvia and others who believe in "The Word of God", you are guilty of the same circular reasoning you used to use when you were a Dub i.e : "The GB/FDS were appointed in 1919 because they say so, and they are, after all the FDS "

Or your argument "It must be true 'coz it says it in god's Word, which is true because it says it is,after all it is god's word "

Come on, lets have something that stands up to scrutiny, or just admit that yours is a totally blind, unreasoning faith with no foundation.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit