If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII
    Why exactly would anyone want God to get involved in this?

We've come full circle.

The New System and Resurrection. Back to the KH.

• minimus
    minimus

Good point: God gets involved and nearly everyone's killed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I have to wonder why this question is rarely being answered.

IMHO, this is because believers can rarely provide an answer that is satisfying to non-believers and skeptics.

In my own case, it is incomprehensible that an all-powerful, loving "God" exists, if even ONE SINGLE LITTLE GIRL on this planet is being tortured at this very moment. Yet, we all know that at this very moment, countless little girls are being tortured.

Believers have an answer that satisfies them. Their answers do not satisfy me.

• minimus
    minimus

But they're not answering. It's like they just ignore the reality. Kinda sound like JWs, huh?

• snowbird
    snowbird

{Believers have an answer that satisfies them. Their answers do not satisfy me.

IMHO, this is because believers can rarely provide an answer that is satisfying to non-believers and skeptics.}

Perhaps that is the reason the Bible doesn't spell out every detail?

We're instructed to seek Him; how many of us really do that?

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That's why it is called faith.

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Like I mentioned in the "death of three" thread, I think in terms of not what God can do for me or why hasn't God fixed all the crap we've done, but I look at it as, why haven't we fixed it?

I mean, we have all the tools to make this planet a paradise of crap hole, so which one will it be?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Exactly, PSAC.

Why hasn't it been done?

THAT is the question, imo.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

You folks aren't dealing with reality. If God can stop things, he isn't. "Why haven't we fixed it?" ---Fix death, devastation, aging, suffering aches and pains, etc.? When man can "fix" it so that people have eternal life, let me know.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Minimus, at the outset, I mentioned patience.

You didn't like that.

What DO you want?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit