If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

This is a really good pre-school question for adult preschoolers. It comfortingly assumes there is a God who created the world and that God "should" care. Now the trick for the pre-schoolers is to "explain" on behalf of this God why he "seems" not to have done anything.

The trap is now set to suck in more adult preschoolers who cannot quite escape the gravitational pull of "big" and ultimately unanswerable questions....

• minimus
    minimus

OK, then using that logic, we shouldn't think of God as only humans could do. Sounds dumb.

• Mary
    Mary
    If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

You would think so. I often thought that if God was going to do anything in our time, it would have happened either just after WWII or during the Cuban Missile Crisis. WWII saw every 'prophecy' in Matthew 24 fulfilled: There were famines, food rationings, diseases, false Christs, nation rising against nation and kingdom against kingdom, there was the Holocaust, the horrifying attack on Pearl Harbour and finally on Japan; hell you even had an Anti-Christ responsible for the whole mess.

Nothing happened.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, we came within seconds of starting WW III. Who know how many----if any----would have survived. If ever there should have been a time for God to "cut those days short", I think it would have been then.

Once again, nothing happened.

For myself, I have a hard time believing that God gives a crap about us anymore. If He did, He would have done something long ago.

• snowbird
    snowbird

{That sounds like a peaceful solution. }

Yeah, one of those have-to things. Afterwards, peace.

{Give us an update once in a while...that's all we need. If we know you're around we wouldn't bitch so much.}

I start at Revelation 22:21 and read backward.

I don't know why my quote bubble won't work anymore.

Sylvia

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

y'all are wrong about God. God is the most beautiful thing that's never been seen.

• steve2
    steve2

OK, then using that logic, we shouldn't think of God as only humans could do. Sounds dumb.

Using that logic, if your mind has the capacity to think of a thing, it should exist. Right. I'm beginning to see the tooth fairy in a new light...

• snowbird
    snowbird

{OK, then using that logic, we shouldn't think of God as only humans could do.}

I think of Him as Creator and Most High. Know any humans who answer to those titles?

{Sounds dumb.}

Just more added to the pile.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

What sounds dumb is pretty much saying since we can't comprehend God, since we're mere humans, don't think that by now he should do something, like it's too over our heads.

• snowbird
    snowbird

{If I told you that I have the ability to protect you but will not because it's not within my time frame, how would you feel? If you were drowning and I was a lifeguard, a life saver, and saw you drowning, would you think I cared if I said, "be patient" and simply didn't help you?}

My point is, God hasn't behaved as you described.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Sylvia, yes he has!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit