If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

Each successive generation seems to think its problems surpass those of the previous generation.

Things always could be worse.

Sylvia

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Each successive generation seems to think its problems surpass those of the previous generation.

I agree. This also means that things could very well be getter generally better, and all primitive prophecies to the contrary are a bunch of tribal war-god blither-blather.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Things always could be worse.

That is because most people do NOT study history and have a huge "martyr complex".

Sure we have the occasional, " In my day I h ad to go to school 10 miles, uphill, both ways in 3 ft of snow, barefooted while carrying a volkswagon on my back and getting kicked in the groin by a midget".

But most tend to always think they have it worse then ever before.

Tell that to the people of the dark ages, the plague, the fall of the roman empire, the goth invasions, the Hun invasions, the viking holidays in England, etc, etc.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

Good question,,surely he would have if 1) there really was a biblical Deity, 2)That He really cared. It seems that when looked at honestly and without the any assumptions that 1) the biblical Deity is purely imaginary and not based on any facts, and is also a reflection of the lack of understanding ancients had thousands of years ago. 2)The personality of this imaginary Deity reflects the attitudes of those back then which was often cruel but called loving to gain more popularity and worshippers thus insuring their particular brand of religion's survival and the leaders of the religion's lively hood and control for generations to come.

• minimus
    minimus

If I told you that I have the ability to protect you but will not because it's not within my time frame, how would you feel? If you were drowning and I was a lifeguard, a life saver, and saw you drowning, would you think I cared if I said, "be patient" and simply didn't help you?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    all primitive prophecies to the contrary are a bunch of tribal war-god blither-blather.

I think not.

Peace is what we need most.

God will have to do some head-busting before that's a reality.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

Frankie, I do understand why people believe God does not exist.

• undercover
    undercover

Hey...he doesn't have to do anything right this minute...I'm a pretty patient guy most times. All I ask is that he let us know that he's aware of the problem and that he's got his best team of angels working on it.

Give us an update once in a while...that's all we need. If we know you're around we wouldn't bitch so much.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Peace is what we need most.
    God will have to do some head-busting before that's a reality.

That sounds like a peaceful solution.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

You shouldn't compare God to us, Minimus.

Big mistake.

Follow-up to my head-busting comment:

Joshua 10:11 God pitched huge stones on them out of the sky and many died. More died from the hailstones than the People of Israel killed with the sword. MSG

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit