If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

Are you kidding,look at his record he is no better the Hilter.Look at all the killing he did in the past.At least when Hilter invaded Poland he did not do a whole scale killing like Jehovah God.Just read Joshua this past week.This Jehovah does not give a shit about people all he does is thonk of himself.Selfish %%&**^%$%.

Bob

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Which God ?

If your talking about the god of the ancient Israelites, why expect empathy and love from that God ?

Looking back at his record of murder, rape and more murder it not too far fetched to assume totally apathy.

Gods today in are modern times just serve as a vehicle to bring power, wealth and dominance over others.

Looking at it that way, he is doing something for people, but only a very small minority.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    In 1903 the Wright brothers "flew" for the first time and in 1969 we put a man on the freaking moon.
    In 66 years, look what we did. See what I am saying?

Just wondering how that relieved the suffering on earth.

Everything else is irrelevent.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

This is how I came to the conclusion that the God as described by Christains does not exist.

Christains claim these qualities for God:

God is [pure] love.

God is all powerful.

God is all knowing.

God is all wise.

God is all just.

Okay, I'll just use one example to prove my point that this "god" does not exist, or else it does exist and is either insane, malevolent, or indifferent.

Millions of people, many of them children, are stricken with river blindness, caused by a parasitic worm that lives in rivers. Reading about these cases causes your heart to break. If God is pure love then there is NO WAY that God can watch this and not intervene and do something about it. Put something in the water that drives the worms out. Change the worms' eating habits so that they don't latch onto people. Alter human DNA so that human beings secret a chemical that the worms don't like.. Make it rain the pesticide that kilss the worms. I don't know. BUT DO SOMETHING.

So, if God is [pure] love and doesn't intervene in this, then he is not all powerful. If God is all powerful and does not intervene in this then he is not [pure] love. The god as presented by Christians does not exist.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

IF you believe God exists and are waiting for HIM to do something...then you have denied the existence of HIM already in his creation of YOU and the gifts of reason, insight, truth and understanding bestowed upon you....'something' is relevant only to what 'someone' is looking for and chooses to see. sammieswife.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I don't buy this "God is love, but you have to be patient because god is on a different time scale than we are".

There is SOOOO much suffering on this planet. Those of you who say otherwise have never traveled to or lived in the 3rd world.

I don't care if the years that humans have lived on this earth is 1 nanaosecond in God time, a being of pure love would move immediately to end the suffering.

Since God is all knowing and omnipresent it wouldn't take God more than that to realize that something was up. And since he is all knowing (according to Christains) he can see the future so he knows the outcome of allowing the suffering to continue.

I don't buy the patience excuse. Its like someone else said, what is God waiting for? Billions more to suffer? Only a psycho would do that.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

My answer to your question is Yes.

He hasn't therefore he doesn't truly care about people

Hopscotch

• mouthy
    mouthy

As you know I believe in a Creator .But I would have to say I do wonder
    why he has not stepped in by now, I cant understand why he lets an old woman
    like me live & let lovely young little things suffer ,starve & die,get raped,beaten
    I am very well cared for .I have a roof over my head,clean bed to sleep,food in the fridge
    but I do ask him so many times a day ...WHY LORD!!!
    But it is a Mystery...I cant answer ,but I cant stop believing .To much beauty in Creation
    except as I said before UNTIL he made MAN!!!!! Then we all screwed up ,Maybe he dont want
    to look at us ,until we straighten up. I read where USA is picking on their President
    England is trying to get rid of Brown, Queen,Schools are getting rid of Prayer.
    Not much LOVE going on is there? I will continue to ask the LORD daily,when he answers I
    will let you know first Minimus

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, I can't ask for more than that.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I believe that there is a First Cause. Something caused the material universe to come into existence. What I don't believe is that a religionist can describe in detail the characteristics of the First Cause. I don't believe that the "Creator" or "God" or whatever you want to call is what has been described by Christians (or any other religionist).

The First Cause is external to our universe. Therefore, we have no frame of reference to comprehend the First Cause. It would be like asking a line to understand a cube. The line has no frame of reference and the cube is extra dimensional from the line's point of view. We are the line, the First Cause is the cube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit