If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

God gave us yeast, which makes beer possible.

How can she possibly top that? Surely she is resting, contented.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOl at Mad Sweeney.

I think you should be called just Sweeney.

Sylvia

• VIII
    VIII

God also gave us Yeast Infections.

• snowbird
    snowbird

And the acidophilus to cure them.

Quite the dichotomy, isn't it?

Sylvia

• VIII
    VIII

"And the acidophilus to cure them"

I wonder if the gals in the Old System had this stuff. Somehow I'm guessing it's a relatively new discovery.

Then again, I could be wrong:

The fungal infection of Candida albicans, more commonly referred to as a yeast infection when it affects the genital area, is thought by some to be controlled by acidophilus . Since acidophilus occurs naturally in the genitals, and plays a role in warding off such infections, some people advocate topical treatment. The topical application of yogurt, which contains acidophilus , is thought by many to help relieve and ultimately cure a yeast infection. Oral ingestion is also recommended, either of yogurt, or of an acidophilus supplement.

Personally, I don't advocate Yogurt Douche's. Just IMO. Though, in the old days, a woman may not have had any choice. Learn something new.

This I attribute to a smart Greek Lady. Not God. Oh, and her husband. And their Goat.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia said DIChotomy...

:)

Seriously now, I for one do NOT want God to fix OUR mess, just to give us enough time to fix it.

• minimus
    minimus

I have to wonder why this question is rarely being answered. A lot of talk about what we believe God has done that's nice but WHY isn't he doing something positive about innocents daily killed for no good reason, rampant illness, etc.? What's the hold up for helping the billions in anguish?

• snowbird
    snowbird

VIII, you've got the devil in you today, girl!!!

Minimus, I wish I knew - then maybe I don't.

Sylvia

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Maybe it's all just an experiment gone wrong and he forgot to clean up the mess.

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, lets look at it in a biblical way:

The last time people cried out that they were suffering and oppressed what did God do?

In Noah's time hs laid down the kaibosh and wiped everyoneoff the face of the earth.

In Moses's time he sent plagues culimating in the death of countless innocent children.

Why exactly would anyone want God to get involved in this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit