If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• littlebird
    littlebird

I would say God has stepped in. How? Through people. You say you see evil in crime, natural disasters , starving in third world countries, & people suffering from diseases. I see this too, however, I see a lot of good also.

I see people volunteer as victim advocates, giving up their own time & resources to comfort others & provide them with counseling. I see people coming to the aid of those who have lost their homes, building new ones, providing food & temporary shelter. I see people building wells & opening schools in third world countries and I see people raising money for breast cancer or Aids research, giving up a Saturday to run a race. I’ve seen people rise to great heights in life, despite the suffering they’ve endured, not asking “Why me“, but rather, “Why not me?”

God gives all of us free will. If it were forced, and he intervened, it wouldn’t be free will. Sometimes we do good, sometimes we do evil. We are not puppets.

The bible tells us he uses us (not forcing us, but using those who wish to be used) for the good of others. Governments to exercise justice 1Peter 2:12-14 & people to comfort others 2 Cor. 1:4-6

If your view is that this life is all there is , then I can see your frustration, but I take comfort in believing that whatever we suffer in this world will be rewarded . Romans 8:18 “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We care for animals yet we eat them. We care as long as our care for them is not bigger than our care for ourselves. Besides God never said he cared for us. Some fantasy books written in weird old languages by weird looking people, many many years ago said it. So why do we even consider that?

Why do we even consider if he cares for us when he never said he did? and who is God Anyway? who created that word? Why dont we talk about the What really is the Matrix and if the Matrix cares for us... I actually think that is a better story, is more recent, has more details and way more complex, although the guys who wrote it are weird looking also :-)

Better yet, with all the knowledge we have now why dont we create a new Holly book. We create characters we put prophesy and even create history of the world with all the knowledge with have about the earth, the dinosaurs, the cave paintings, the real history of the israelites, we could include the mayans, the egyptians, the exploring of the earth moon and mars. We have real facts so in 2000 years when the people read this book will believe everything. And lets call our God Mickey Mouse, and then maybe they will be Mickey Mouse's witnesses and a forum for Ex-MMW asking if he really cared for us why Disneyland never cover the whole earth and only a few miles in Anaheim, orldando, Paris and Tokyo?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Very nicely put littlebird. I like the way you think XX

• steve2
    steve2
    My faith, with all its ups and downs, rests squarely on the Almighty.
    Sylvia

Is that the same Almighty who, in the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures ordered "his people" to commit genocide, wiping out babies, children and the very old who happened to occupy the land he had in mind for his special people? If you can acept a god who does that, it's no wonder you can accept his complete detachment from the suffering of children.

• Snotrag
    Snotrag

As I look at the history of the world my question becomes "What are the instructions?". The bible starts off with a problem not an answer. If we have free will then how can it be exercised to give honor to god if there is no instruction. God says that the earth is his footstool, ok, are we just swarming critters? Wht create such a complex enviornmennt with people that are complex and are to concquor the planet when there is nothing but myth and conjecture to guide civilization. The course of human events do not show progress in humanity, only progress in science. ejesus left no writen record to know what he really said. We are left to find our own way and have to second guess what we might think god wants. Is this an intellegent way to cause a superior existence.

If it is that only god can lead us to a proper existence and he is love, why not open his hand and and give us the chance to purposely align ourselfs with his will? This is what is missing. The kingdom can not be had unless the sacred secrets are revealed and they are not revealed. All that is left for a reasoning person to do is walk on.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The course of human events do not show progress in humanity, only progress in science

Really so the social awareness within humanity itself hasn't improved an inch since the known existence of ancient cultures .

May I suggest take a good study of history a little more, starting from the ancient cultures to medieval times and up to are modern era..

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy
    God gives all of us free will. If it were forced, and he intervened, it wouldn’t be free will. Sometimes we do good, sometimes we do evil. We are not puppets.

Tell that to the blind children who are blind because a parasite lives in the river that they get their drinking water from. I'm sure that they will be happy that they have free will and god is not interfering with their rights.

Sheesh.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Steve,

Is that the same Almighty who, in the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures ordered "his people" to commit

genocide, wiping out babies, children and the very old who happened to occupy the land he had in mind for his

special people? If you can acept a god who does that, it's no wonder you can accept his complete detachment

from the suffering of children.

You know I was just thinking how when I was a Believer I was more detached from the suffering of others, and gradually as I started to reason more about the cruelty displayed by the Deity of the bible I became more and more sympathetic towards others. I do feel that no longer siding with the cruel egocentric bible Deity has soften me up towards the plight of all people not just close friends and believers in Christ.

I think back when I first started becoming a JW and found out that God was going to destroy all unbelievers how sad i was and all the tears I shed for my unbelieving family,, but gradually in time as I got more and more indoctrinated with the JWs stuff my feeling disappear and I became more and more indifferent towards the plight of those not JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with Happy Guy's last comment. The free will argument is dumb and useless.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Just wondering how that relieved the suffering on earth.
    Everything else is irrelevent.

The fact that we HAVEN'T relieved suffering is what makes it relevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit