If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Do you really think God owes you (or anyone) compassion?

If he has no responsibility toward his creation then the reverse is true as well. We owe him nothing either.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Since we're supposed to be created in God's image, you would think at least God would feel compassion and loving action. When mere mortals see a helpless child in danger of being run over, they'll RUN to try to save the child. God sees the same thing and just observes??

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Are we really? Floods, drought, famine, cancer, heart disease, tsunami, avalanche, windstorms, hail, lightning, volcanos, short lifespans filled with sorrow and death and pain and anguish, tse tse fly, west nile virus, HIV, ebola!
    How is any of that the result of what man has done to himself? True, man has dirtied the water, but the sharks were already in it. Who put them there [or permitted it for so long without showing compassion] ?

Would you be put out if you found out that these things are all there for a reason?

Be it population control or anythign else we can put our mind around ?

• minimus
    minimus

PSac, I stopped thinking like that. It's all for a purpose....Leave it in Jehovah's hands....be patient....wait on The Slave.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I don't consider myself "wicked" and most people I know do not have that label either.

Rom 3:10

as it is written: "There is none righteous, no not one; 11 there is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God."

Did you ever stop to think maybe you and God see things just a little differently?

Well I won't comment on anyone else, I know I'm a wicked sinner and he has showed plenty of compassion to me. As far as I'm concerned, I been given so much more than I deserve, most of all is what is promised me in the next life. Anything in this life is just icing on the cake.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

I know that I have MUCH to answer for, MUCH indeed.

Maybe that is why I am not that anxious for "the end", LOL !

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac, I stopped thinking like that. It's all for a purpose....Leave it in Jehovah's hands....be patient....wait on The Slave

LOL, I hear you.

To me, I see that everything on this word has a purpose, it might not be one I agree with or even think shoudl exist, but everything does indeed seem to have a purpose, so it's hard to balme God for SOME things, though the issue with protecting the innocent children does still sit very strongly with me.

I do know that WE do have the power to make this world MCUH better than it is now and I doubt anyone would argue that.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What if we don't have to answer for it? Seems that many have spent alot of effort to say that God does not have to answer - why do we?

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

To the evildoer, Christ said "you will be with me in paradise". The scriptures speak of a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous. I guess since "there is none righteous" the resurrection is baloney too.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

That's the great thing about God, Christ has answered for for all my sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit