If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Min

It's about what "GOD" is doing to stop all the wickedness and distress.

If God got rid of all wickedness and sin, do you think you would still be here? How many do you think would survive? I know I can't produce that kind of righteousness.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hell, DD, let's not invite him to start 'cleaning house' now.

Last time, he wiped out all but eight souls, never bothered him as the babies drowned I guess.

Jeff

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

minimus,

you made a good point. We all have to do something when we see little children suffering and starving that is for sure. There are thousands of outreach centers run by churches that feed the hungry and help those in other need.

Of course, people who are not christian also do this type of work so I am not knocking them at all. But many of these services are given by Christian people too who are trying to show love for nieghbor. If their faith moves them to do good to others than so be it I say.

My point is God has done something and is active in the lives of many today. The suffering and pain on most of the earth is done by humans and not God. And many of these humans are the same ones who don't believe in God at all, nor would they want to submit to him. I think God is giving us (humans) exactly what we want at this time and that is to govern ourselves independent of him. What we are seeing are the results of that.

One thing I really hate about the WT is how it points out all the bad in the world and how people are suffering, in pain, starving, etc. and YET they refuse to do any type of outreach to anyone. They have no charities whatsoever. That really bothered me even when I was a Witness. If everyone helped their nieghbor (the entire earth), then imagine what we could accomplish.

Anyway, I have to go off to work. Peace to all, good Q raised min. Lilly

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    All I want is for him to show himself. Prove that he's actually there doing something, anything...even if it's just sitting up there with his feet kicked up, smoking a doobie and laughing at us. Is that too much to ask?

No, it really isn't.

Althouhg the last time he "showed himself" he got nailed to a cross !!

LOL !

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    What we are seeing are the results of that.

Are we really? Floods, drought, famine, cancer, heart disease, tsunami, avalanche, windstorms, hail, lightning, volcanos, short lifespans filled with sorrow and death and pain and anguish, tse tse fly, west nile virus, HIV, ebola!

How is any of that the result of what man has done to himself? True, man has dirtied the water, but the sharks were already in it. Who put them there [or permitted it for so long without showing compassion] ?

Jeff

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AK-J

Do you really think God owes you (or anyone) compassion?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, not sure on that one DD.

I don't think I 'deserve' compassion I guess.

Point>?

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

God's supposed to rid the earth of those deemed "wicked". I don't consider myself "wicked" and most people I know do not have that label either. So ya, get rid of the NEEDLESS pain, suffering and death now. It's about time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The question is 'If God cared' - 'wouldn't He DO SOMETHING'?

Isn't it assumed that compassion would be part of that? Perhaps I am wrong.

Jeff

• goldensky
    goldensky

Amen to all the posts by Minimus, Happyguy and AK-Jeff on this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit