If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Death is no longer a curse for the believer.

Again, unverifiable eschatology.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    You want a cut and clear answer, well, there isn't one, sorry.

No, not really. I have one already. Just trying to promote healthy discussion on a topic that wakes up neurons sometimes.

Jeff

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    The original question was: If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

He has and is.

Like you said:

[I know the thumpers are ready to tell me that I just don't see it due to lack of faith, or lack of looking or lack of reading the Bible or lack of acceptance, or lack of whatever.]

You just can't and won't except it.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    No, not really. I have one already. Just trying to promote healthy discussion on a topic that wakes up neurons sometimes.
    Jeff

Nothing wrong with that !

The problem is that, the original question is based on God doing something and that something being what we WANT him to do.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If God truly cared about people he would have done something right now, YES. But where do we get the Idea that God cares for us? from the bible. the same bible that shows God is a violent killer who only cares for "his people" so according to the same bible God only really cares for his servants not his people.

Therefore God is not a caring person, he doesnt care for the world, he only cares for his worshippers in his very misterious and difficult and obscure way, it is as if he makes it difficult to worship him. So he also makes it hard to be his follower.

So God doesnt care for the people in general only for a small group of people who even though he made it so difficult to become a memeber of his clan still were able to decipher the way.

All of these is based on the God of the bible. God doesnt care for the world. period. that is the God of the bible. Why do we even ask then if God cares for the people?

Why dont we ask better, if God really hates people why hasnt killed us all already? I wonder.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let me pose this question in a deeper manner:

There is a terrific amount of badness on this planet—suffering, starvation, pandemics, hatred, torture, poverty, racism, war, sexism, child rape, assault, drive by shootings, malnutrition, natural disasters—the list is nearly endless. . . . These problems existed in large part when Jesus was here. He spent his time using miracles to feed a small number, transforming water into better wine, healing a single blind man, perhaps to convert a few people. Yet God could very well be performing miracles that have a much larger effect, and could have been using them during his 'first coming' too.

The suffering in the lives of the millions of children is particularly incomprehensible to anyone with a sense of justice. Fast foward about 2000 years to 1945. Why would a good God be concerned with details like the need for wine at a wedding, feeding of 5000 Jews on a mountainside so that 'they will not give out on the trip home', making sure it was recorded and 'spread as gospel to all the earth' and yet apparently not be concerned with huge tragedies like the holocaust of six million Jews by the hand of a ruthless regime intent on 'wiping this vermin from the earth'?

Why is God more concerned about the alcohol content in the wine served at a wealthy man's wedding, but unable, or unwilling to block the efforts of evil men who fired the furnaces at Auschwitz? Why does he not bother to save the millions of starving children in Bangladesh, but makes considerable effort to feed a few hungry people on a mountaintop?

We puny men would hold a man who idly stood by and watched a monster commit acts of savage murder against a small child to a moral compass and legal accountability for such negligence. If this 'murder observer's only action were just to say that he was waiting for better things to eventually come as justice was fully shown in the end - that the child would have better conditions in heaven - we would mark that man as insane and worthy of similar death as the one who slaughtered the child without compassion. Yet we excuse the failure of the so called Almighty God to observe these events and act? Especially when this God is said to be 'Omnipotent'? Why are men to held to such standards as even God is not? He is aware of all we are told.

Why do we not hold God to such standards? He has the almighty power - he above all must be accountable for watching these atrocities occur, while at the same time promoting the 'miracle' of making wine?

Jeff

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Who was more evil than the Pharisees?

Mar 8:11

The Pharisees came out and began to argue with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, to test Him. 12Sighing deeply in His spirit, He *said, "Why does this generation seek for a sign? Truly I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What is the suggestion there? That to dare and ask God to show himself is evil?

I'm not asking that - only that instead of sitting up there looking at the pretty smoke, why didn't he step in and wipe out the Nazis who were killing millions of Jewish children and frying them in furnaces?

Jeff

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Jeff,

I understood the Q perfectly. My answer is he IS doing something. He is just not done doing it yet that is all.

When I stated we see the results of man governing himself I meant the atrocities man commits against his fellow man, food shortages, crime and violence, not natural disasters. Natural disasters are "unforseen occurances" that befall all of us on earth. The Bible states that these events have affected mankind through out time and will continue to do so during our time period called "the last days".

what happens after this period, well that is another thread.

Peace, Lilly

• minimus
    minimus

It's not "what we want him to do". It's what the Bible says GOD SAYS he will do. Still, he's doing zippo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit