If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

He can do anything. He is God.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Re: If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

Yes - so is the inverse correct then?

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

yup

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

God has done something. He has already established his heavenly kingdom on the earth, the subjects of which are all the members of his universal church. His church is currently outreaching to the whole world so that while we are still living amidst suffering and evil, with wicked men harming the innocent, much good is also being accomplished by literally millions of people in this world, demonstrating their love for others. You can say we (the church) are God's hands and feet on the earth doing his will for the good of all people.

God has also made the way for death to be eventually done away with for all people, and for all things to be reconciled back to him, and that way is through Jesus Christ. We the church are Ambassadors for Christ and proclaimers of the Good News of the reconciliation of the world, thru the Son of God. And that is what we preach and have been for 2,000 years. And will do so until our Lord returns again.

At which time, all peoples, nations, governments, etc. literally all things will be judged and then brought together as one in Christ. And there will be no more sorrow or pain, and peace will reign forever. Not just the current peace that reigns in the hearts of believers but a literal time of peace through out the earth. Amen.

Peace and love, Lilly

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

For all those that want or think thet God should do something, what do you suggest he do?

• minimus
    minimus

Lilly, as Miss Janet Jackson says, "What have you done for me lately?" The future is just that. Tell the starving child what God will do for him. I think he'll be happier to see a bologna sandwich!

PSac, I suggest he institute his promise of Rev. 21: 3, 4. Now. Talk is cheap.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

While I appreciate wanting to see this happen, certainly who wouldn't, aren't there a whole bunch of bad things that happen before this?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Either God:

1- Does not intend to keep his promises

2- Has changed his mind and not told mankind

3- Never made them in the first place

4- Is not God after all

5- Does not care

6- All or part of the above

In any case, it makes no real difference does it? Without eschalogical verification we all walk the same path, die, and no one left behind ever knows who was right or who was wrong, eh?

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ak,

Well, we only have the word of the writers that God ever made such a promise, this is true.

Perhaps he did, perhaps he didn't.

Maybe when we die or when judgment day comes God will simply say, " I gave you this planet and all the tools you needed to make it paradise, what did you do? "

Now, that would suck !

• undercover
    undercover
    For all those that want or think thet God should do something, what do you suggest he do?

I said it before...I'll say it again:

All I want is for him to show himself. Prove that he's actually there doing something, anything...even if it's just sitting up there with his feet kicked up, smoking a doobie and laughing at us. Is that too much to ask?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit