If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What if we don't have to answer for it? Seems that many have spent alot of effort to say that God does not have to answer - why do we?

I can only speak for myself and regardless of all the forgiveness and grace I can be given, I know and have to live with what I have done.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AK-J

Seems that many have spent alot of effort to say that God does not have to answer - why do we?

God did answer, with the death of Christ.

Min

To the evildoer, Christ said "you will be with me in paradise". The scriptures speak of a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous. I guess since "there is none righteous" the resurrection is baloney too

Like that "evildoer, I'll be resurrected, not based on my righteousness, but Christ's

• minimus
    minimus

So?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    God did answer, with the death of Christ.

That is no answer. Millions have died. Many of them have claimed to be something they were not, or it could not be proven. I think in fact that your answer is just a circular restating of the question Min originally posed! Jesus died when? 2000 years ago! The idea of the thread is 'WHY SO LONG'?

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, I'm amazed by the JW type circular reasoning here.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AK-J

What he did 2000 years ago is still saving believers (His children) today. One sacrifice once for all. Death is no longer a curse for the believer.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The idea of the thread is 'WHY SO LONG'?

A very valid question and IF there was a timeline ( I am not sure there is) it is a fair question to ask.

I just don't think there was a timeline, I think man added one to keep people subjected to the whims of the "big chesses".

I think interpretation can go more than one way on this.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Min

Jeff, I'm amazed by the JW type circular reasoning here.

This is not JW reasoning.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I find it curious the turns this thread has taken.

The original question was: If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

I have seen the detractors sidestep the entire point with:

• Failure to acknowledge that Christianity worships the NT God as the same as the OT God - I know of not a single NT religion that rejects the cruel and vicious God of the OT
    • God is defended for his lack of compassion toward mankind
    • Red Herrings are thrown to suggest that mankind is responsible for it's own ills by the same ones who believe it was the OT God who condemned them for eating a single fruit out of turn
    • God's action is routinely moved back eschalogically as needed to defend his existence and his interest, when in fact it elevates a reverse position
    • Personal, unverifiable action is expressed as proof that God cares

I just find it interesting, all the devices used to defend an undefendable lack of action by 'GOD'.

I would be more than happy to subscribe to this thinking if just once God would show himself. Just a simple skywrite that says He is real and there and cares and will act. Yet it never appears. [I know the thumpers are ready to tell me that I just don't see it due to lack of faith, or lack of looking or lack of reading the Bible or lack of acceptance, or lack of whatever.]

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jeff,

You want a cut and clear answer, well, there isn't one, sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit