My Wife is demanding that I stop coming to this board.

by garyneal 160 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you Blondie. I love you!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub
    Last night, she asked me to stop coming on here out of respect for her.

Nah man, that's called emotional blackmail, not on.

I don't see how what you as a grown man decide to look at on the internet is anything to do with her. Now if you were wanting to upload naked photos of her online, then fine, that would be disrespecting her - but looking on a forum that's nothing to do with her is not disrespecting her.

Obviously it's easy for me to say as a 3rd party, and when feelings are involved it's hard, but she's out of line.

Does it work both ways around? Will she leave the WT "out of respect for you"?

Thought not.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Tell her that you'll stop giving her your sweet lov'in and spankings if you are not allowed to look at this site.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Last night, she asked me to stop coming on here out of respect for her.

TRANSLATION:

Last night she asked me to stop coming on here..

Because..

The WBT$ does`nt like it..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

*** w07 2/15 p. 22 par. 21 Wives—Deeply Respect Your Husbands ***For example, in the case of a husband who is an unbeliever, submitting to his headship in all matters that would not mean violating God’s laws or principles may well yield the marvelous reward of her being able to ‘save her husband.’ (1 Corinthians 7:13, 16)

You are not asking her to come onto this DB.

*** w63 3/1 p. 151 Give Christian Counsel Skillfully ***Has the Christian wife fully recognized the family headship of the unbelieving husband? Is she forgetting to show deep respect, and instead treating him as though he were a disfellowshiped person? Has she respected his freedom of worship in his own home?

*** gh chap. 18 p. 163 par. 9 Happy Families in the Purpose of God ***Even if her husband is an unbeliever, he is still the "head" of his wife.

*** w02 8/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***However, the unbelieving husband might insist that his children practice his religion, taking them to his place of worship and giving them religious education according to his faith. Or a husband may be opposed to all religion and insist that his children receive no religious education. As the head of the family, he is the one primarily responsible for making the decision.

To this I can only add, "That's right Biotch " !!!!

Booyacasha !!

• VIII
    VIII

You need to read the post about *What was so bad about being in the brought up in the JWs*.

As for your wife, as blondie posted Watchtower articles, you are the head of the household. As much as I hate pulling the Headship Card, you need to. In this case you have Watchtower propaganda to back you up. Don't back down and let your wife push you on this. You are allowed to take your children to your place of worship and you are allowed ot have Internet and go to any web sites you want.

Her threatening you is a joke. On her. Tell her you looked up these articles and pull them out and read them to her. Watch her face fall. It will.

As for college and educating your children, do it. Don't let her not let your kids be educated. The one thing the JWs don't want is smart, critically thinking people in the ranks. Why? Because once they go to college and learn to think critically, they won't be JWs for long. I'm living proof of that.

So, push the old Headship Card.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

She compared my coming here to a drug addict getting his fix.

It's not too far off the mark. However, she's on heroine and you are going to the methodone clinic. You only don't wean yourself off because she's still doing heroine in front of you (studying/attending JW meetings). Just as sure as you are that you would like her to stop going to the kingdom hall, she's sure that you should stop coming to JWN.

You will work it all out somehow. Blondie provided good stuff. You need to take charge of your daughter's "spirituality" and insist that she not get sucked into the JW's. You don't have to "support" her JW stuff by attending anything with her. If she's kicking it up a notch in one direction, respond by kicking up a notch in the opposite direction. I don't suggest you antagonize her, just say that you will continue to do what's best spiritually for your family and yourself.

I hope you have considered (if not already getting it) buying Steve Hassan's books, COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL and RELEASING THE BONDS. Particularly RTB will help you learn how to deal with her and her cult.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Seriously? You are letting a bitch tell you what to do? Dude, get a blindfold and some soft rope and .... PM me and I will give you a list, and then show that bitch who is the boss. sheesh.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And I am so sorry for the attitude some are displaying toward your wife. She is being drawn in by a dangerous mind-control cult. So many of us were there already, so we might have strong responses to a JW or potential JW making demands. Love her as you want to, don't make the relationship a total tug-of-war. Keep searching for help and asking questions, but remember that advice here can sometimes be worth the amount you paid for it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Very well said, OntheWay.

I, personally, like to keep hope alive that all under the Watchtower's control will awaken, but as you well know, it is not an easy road.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit