wife took it pretty well i guess...it's over...

by oompa 110 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Deep sympathies Oompa ........

It must be a terrible thing to go through now...but consider the alternative, could you spend the rest of your life as you have the last few years?

Some have...they regret not making a decisive move...

Bob Dylan wrote :

"Trust yourself to find the path where there is no if and when.
    Don't trust me to show you the truth
    When the truth may only be ashes and dust.
    If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself."

• finding my way
    finding my way

Im so sorry ;( thinking of you

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Oompa

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this pain.

x

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Very sad.

Spend as much time with your son as possible.

I still pray and will pray for you tonight.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hugs and strength to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Mouthy () took the words right out of my mouth, "Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life."

The personal loss is great, a wife, son, parents and friends. Those areas are forever changed, but hope springs eternal that there may be a closer meeting of minds in the future.

In the mean time, no matter the cost, being able to live and think free for oneself is still the reward, and it's a big one. There is a wonderful peace and strength that comes with acting in accord with your true self that will carry you through the tough times.

I wish you strength for the journey.

• DJK
    DJK

Been in your shoes twice before, athough there were no JW issues involved. It's difficult to deal with never the less.

Time will heal and better love awaits.

• oompa
    oompa

one of my handful of jw employees told me my parents missed their meeting last night...very rare and i think they stayed home and cried a good bit...talked to my mom this morning. that is just another facet...had meeting with the dubs at work and told them our biz has endured several divorces and dfs among top staff here over the last 15 years, and that the biz survived it.....and that no matter what happens to me, i hope they act like business is business and keep the truth crap out of here...two are so self-righteous they may feel the need to quit rather than work for a df boss.

another point i made to wife that she agreed with.....that if she were looking for a husband right now, i would not even be on the long list...i would not MAKE the list or even be considered....she agreed since she would only want a worshiper of jehovah

also the shock she had when i told her of two of my friends here she has known about for awhile...a nearby couple with darling kids...they left about two years ago...now they are going to get divorced since they only thing they had in common was "the truth".....she says "what do you mean, i thought they both left the truth?".....i replied that it does not matter if one leaves, or both leave....IF the ONLY thing in common is "the truth" then divorce is still likely to eventually happen......she got it.....i had already realized how crappy it would be to get her to wake up and leave WT only to realize we STILL had nothing in common...then she really would lose everything in her life practically...

ironically...i have a very old hippie type jw friend who is totally non-judgemental and enjoys healthy debate about all we discuss here....i am moving in with him for awhile as he has a huge old empty house...when both our kids were dfd (he is the dad of my sons lifelong friend now a dub again) we would still go on vacation with them....so it is still possible to have at least a very very few old jw friends...even if dfd...i so wish my family were like that...............oompa........and thanks again all

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oomps are they going to df you? Perhaps they will let you fade since you don't go?

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Oompa - So many of us feel your pain on so many levels. So many of us have gone through many of the things you are going through right now. Reading it makes it raw all over again. I left my husband after 21 years because I just had to get out of the cult. He was a loyal JW and I had turned hard core atheist. I turned to the bottle for two years . Have had my fourth generation parents disown me, take me back and flipflop every few months for the last three years. You are doing the right thing - You will not regret it!!! You will be okay - I promise! Stay around people - do not drink alone - best not to drink at all, but I know how difficult that is at a time like this.

Life will be beautiful again. This picture shows how things can swing in the right direction. Moving my daughter into her ivy league dorm room this past August.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit