wife took it pretty well i guess...it's over...

by oompa 110 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh mate! I've been where you are but I was lucky enough that my wife eventually followed me out. I'm only sharing that for the lurkers that read these topics, full of fear and apprehension, wondering where their lives will take them if they leave the Watchtower.

What happened to you oompa has happened to so many before and you have my very real sympathies and best wishes. But you're a good guy and I know you won't mind me posting this positive thought on your topic; IT DOESN'T ALWAYS GO DOWN LIKE THIS.

It's a painful process and it very often fails but sometimes you CAN get out of the cult with your family intact.

For anyone struggling to free themselves or loved ones from the Watchtower.

All the best,

Nic'

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oompa,

I am sorry for what you are going thru. I know it is rough. Don't forgoet you have friends on here who will be there for you. You will make it thru this...I am sorry about your parents.

We'll talk soon.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oompa, I am so sad to read of your pain this morning. When I was going through the tragedy with Andy and my grandson, two summers ago, Frannie Banannie told me, "Heather, you don't see it now, through your pain, but this will open many doors and windows of opportunities to you." And she was right. I thought I could never live through that level of pain and loss. But I have and here I am to tell you that this too really shall pass. It gradually gets better and you have lots of friends who love you to help you through this.

• dinah
    dinah

I'm sorry to hear it, Oopma. From reading your posts here, it seems you've known all along that it was something you were going to have to do. It was either this or go back to the organization and tow the party line. It is a shame that Witnesses choose to blindly follow some old a**holes in Crooklyn rather than show love to their family.

At least you're not in limbo anymore, although I know it hurts terribly right now.

Maybe some people will witness the path of destruction and broken hearts the Watchtower leaves in its wake.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Very sorry to hear this. I would think that the scripture would hold true "Love conquers all", I guess it can't conquer cult mind-think. I've heard some marriages end up working out. I'm not sure if this helps at all with the relationship with your parents but my mother keeps contact with me specifically because my sister is in California and when it comes down to her needing help the congregation will certainly do it for a month or so but after that they'll end up leaving her on her own.

So if your parents are advancing in age you could point out to them that if they decide to shun you they'll have no one after the congregation abandons them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oompa... my heart goes out to you. I am so very sorry to hear about your marriage and that your family has been blinded by this cult. It always boggles my mind that they say to love your neighbour; your enemy and treat people the way we wish to be treated but when it comes to actually following through, they do the exact opposite. Why can't they see this as hypocritical? The destruction they cause is wrong.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

oompa,

It takes SO MUCh strenght to take ocntrol of ones life, far more than to allow others to control it, like JW's do.

My heart breaks at the saddness you feel and yet I admire your strength and will power for doing what is right, not what is easy.

My our beloved Lord give you and your family the strenght, love and compassion you and they need at a time like this.

The first step is the hardest and to take it shows tremendous strength and love.

We are here for you as best as we can be.

• cognac
    cognac

I'm so sorry Oompa...

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

I know there is no consolation for a heart that feels broken, but it does mend , it takes time but your heart will find a way to recover from the grief. Many here have had similar experiences to yours and we all share a common bound that comes with the responsibility of leaving this organization. No person can leave unscarred, but we have all survived.

Atom

• cantleave
    cantleave

Oompa, thinking of you. I always enjoy your contributions to this board, you are obvioulsy a good individual and you do not deserve bad things to happen to you. I know you will be able to rebuild that side of your life, I hope you can do so quickly. Take Care CL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit