wife took it pretty well i guess...it's over...

by oompa 110 Replies latest jw friends

• meangirl
    meangirl

Just wanted to say hang in there. I always enjoy your posts. Hugs to you!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Strength and healing to you Oompa.

As for Gregor's words, apply what fits, and ignore the rest. What he said about the bottle is definitely spot on, IMO.

Take care,

om

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey there Oompa...

Still think of my wife and the wasted time every day. All the mistakes I made, and including the time I pulled the plug, and left it all behind.

I also know on this board that when you put stuff out there, you are going to get a wide variety of opinions. I personally see (read) your posts and think you are on a unique journey. I can't say I relate to all that you have been through, but being honest with yourself is never a bad place to start.

You got help for your alcohol addiction.

You have made a decision about your marriage. You don't answer to anyone here, just yourself. Please be at peace with that.

There will be tears, maybe guilt. But the fact is, you can't change the past, you can only forge the future. You have embraced that, and I congratulate you. I hope that your future decisions will be constructive to the next phase of your life. :)

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

It sounds like your going for something better in your life in a positive direction.

You've known for a long time that your marriage wasn't a happy and fulfilling one and that there was an apparent

disassociation in your relationship with your wife, which was hard to endure. It's always sad to hear of a marriage dissolving

away, but there is light after the darkness that your heading to. Keep a positive attitude and a strong mind in your resolve to improve you life

and that will help to carry you through this difficult time.........take care

• millions now living are dead
    millions now living are dead

Your are walking the Hero's Path, my friend.

Mil

• yesidid
    yesidid

Soooooooooooo............what about your wife?

I haven't seen any sympathy for her.

I guess she's not upset................. and....................... it's been easy for her................... right?

y

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Knock it off, yesidid.

There's more to this man that what you see on this board. If his wife were here, I'm sure everyone would sympathize with her, or Ooompa would be kicking our asses,

Sorry, oomps, I know you can defend yourself. I just don't beleieve in kicking someone when they're down.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I don't think anyone said anything unsympathetic about Mrs. Oompa... including Oomps. I have a feeling that this will be a great relief for both of them.

(I wish you both all the best.)

• orbison11
    orbison11

(((((((((hugs))))))))))))

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Oompa, I have had a simular journey, I can feel for you with the emotional turmoil you are experiencing now. I have also tried the alcohol many different times in my life, came to the same conclusion that you did. You get nowhere. Stay strong, if you want to talk, I will PM you my number. We have a friend in common that may suprise you. The next day will be better, stay dry, enjoy your new life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit