wife took it pretty well i guess...it's over...

by oompa 110 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((((((((((((((OOMPA))))))))))

Darling it is better to have loved & lost
    than never to have loved at all

This is the 1st day for the rest of your life
    YOU show em my love that you CAN lick the bottle
    that way they will be surprised (((((HUG)))
    You know me dont you( a pain in the butt)
    but must let you know I am talking to MY best friend.

"Dear Heavenly Father,You see what our frind Ommpa is
    going through right now. I am asking you to touch him
    heal his hurting heart, & mind, help him in his struggles
    I ask this in the name above ALL others Jesus Christ AMEN"

OMMPA)

• Confession
    Confession

Hi Oompa. Thinking about you. I know you've read some of my posts about dealing with life and family post-Watchtower. To be clear: with every passing day, the fact that I would never exchange the freedom and authenticity I have now, for the mental and spiritual imprisonment associated with this manipulative, authoritarian organization, becomes more and more obvious. And, as much as I love my family, I would rather have a real life without them, than a sickly one with them. No question.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hey Oomps, sorry to hear of this turmoil... I guess its a necessary part of this transition. You've been preparing yourself for years to lose your wife, but perhaps have not done the same with your parents. I know it's a crushing thing to realize your father doesn't believe in you anymore... doesn't matter if you're 10, 20, or 40 years old.

anyway, hang in there bro... things will get better now that youre in the place where you knew you'd be. You can finally build on what you have instead of knowing youre losing it.

• undercover
    undercover

Oompa,

Sorry to hear this news, though in the long run it may be the best thing. Removing oneself from a toxic relationship is sometimes necessary when trying to keep ones sanity.

Maybe we'll finally meet one day, instead of just talking about it.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

oompa,

You and I haven't interacted much, but want to let you know how sorry I am to read this. I don't know your story, where you've been, or what exactly you've been through, but it really grieves me. I've lost a wife, and I've been shunned, to some extent. It's not easy, pleasant, or fun...but in the long run, you have to, and will, get through. It reminds me of a set of questions I once heard, that have helped me to cope with a lot of things in my life. "If your problems have a solution, why worry? If your problems have no solution, why worry?" Kinda helps put things into perspective, at least it has for me.

You have my best wishes and sincerest sympathy.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

oompa

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Oompa, so sorry for what you're going through. I can't even imagine what you have gone through and are going through now. I wish the very best for you.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hang in there Oompa.

Having experienced what you are going through what little I can offer is that it gradually get better over time.

My hat is off to you. You did it with class and allowed for others to experience closure, too few people have the spine to do that.

Moshe sorry to hear it had to happen that way for you but you are right the WT$ didn't win; they lost genuine people.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Sorry to hear that, Oompa--especially the part about your parents. To face that kind of rejection from the two people who should love you the most must be devastating.

And here's the kicker: it hurts them every bit as much as it hurts you. This is truly a no-win situation for everybody. You're losing your parents--and you don't want to lose them. They're losing their son--and they don't want to lose you. But they feel they MUST lose you because of their misguided loyalty to a book publishing company who they believe speaks for their imaginary god.

I once read a statement that applies to your situation. It went something like this: 'Generally, good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But if you want to see good people do bad things--that takes religion.'

• trebor
    trebor

Oompa,

I am sorry for the loss and pain you are experiencing. However, I am happy to read of your decision to take control of your life and taking a firm stance for what you believe is true and right. The Watchtower Society controlled Jehovah's Witnesses religion continues to leave a path of destruction in its cult-like teachings and practices.

I hope your 'still stuck in the cult' family members come around one day from the insanity of that religion.

I wish you all the best!

-Trebor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit