Jehovah's Witnesses---A Cult or Not?

by minimus 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Well, SOM, here's what simple: we disagree with you and we've clearly shown why.

Chickpea, the reason why the dressing in drag comment was brought up is because SOM claims to be the Son of Man, and The Faithful Slave. He said what was said about him was untrue however as God's voice, he shouldn't lie about his background as there's plenty of proof over the years as to what he has said.

Have I said that I dress in drag LOL ! ! ! What is my background that you speak of that I am gay? LOL ! ! !

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

Gee, that's what every cult member thinks of their cult organization. Do you think anyone thinks the religion they are involved with does not follow the bible?

Again, you aren't comprehending what makes a dangerous cult a dangerous cult. Not surprised though; cult members never really recognize that they are involved with a cult until they actually mentally break free.

What makes a dangerous cult a dangerous cult is the control placed on the followers and the removal of individuality. Even the WTS brags about their "unity." Sure, they are united! But not because of anything so holy as God's blessing. It's because all differing thought is suppressed. When there is a change in thought (eg, "new light") all members are expected to instantly change to the new thinking. Anyone trying to have a different thought will be expelled and face shunning by friends and family. Now the "unity" doesn't sound so amazing, does it.

All religions are this way not just the W.T.S. I am sorry but I do not the difficulty in breaking free mentally? I realize that people were misled, but how many times have people lied to you and you adjust your thinking? If anyone has been molested by a J.W. (which by the way would not agree with a Christains way of life) how is it the fault of the organization? Is it not that individuals fault that they molested someone? Was it GOD's fault that satan rebeled? A worldy court system might have a different look at each situation but from GOD's standpoint no one else is responsible for someone else wrongdoing unless they coerced them.

t.f.d.s.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    All religions are this way not just the W.T.S.

You are flat out wrong. If you think all religions control members, their personality, their thinking like the JWs, you are deluding yourself. Besides, if all other religions did this, each religion would be completely "unified" just like the JWs. It would no longer be a bragging right of the WTS.

I am sorry but I do not the difficulty in breaking free mentally? I realize that people were misled, but how many times have people lied to you and you adjust your thinking? If anyone has been molested by a J.W. (which by the way would not agree with a Christains way of life) how is it the fault of the organization?

What does that have to do with them being a cult? Of course the organization is not directly at fault due to the action of one of its members. But they are at fault if they try to hide it or they fail to protect the victim, which is exactly how the WTS has behaved in countless molestation situations.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

If you think all religions control members, their personality, their thinking like the JWs, you are deluding yourself. [Watson]

If you allow an organization to control you, my friend you have a problem and cannot think for yourself. Putting on a "new" personality is what Christianity is all about. Once you agree on one thing you become unified so in that sense they are unified.

But they are at fault if they try to hide it or they fail to protect the victim, which is exactly how the WTS has behaved in countless molestation situations. [Watson]

This is true, if they hide the wrongdoing they then become responsible. But this has to be proven in a court of law. And if there exists a court case in which this has been proven then someone proved their case.

t.f.d.s.

• avishai
    avishai

You guys are getting SOM confused w/ Jcanon the OTHER messiah on this board. SOM is "brownboy" not Jcanon

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've not read the last 7 pages but I have a question, I don't know if this has been asked yet?

Is the pope Catholic?

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

You guys are getting SOM confused w/ Jcanon the OTHER messiah on this board. SOM is "brownboy" not Jcanon [Avishai]

And out of the blue you show up making no sense whatsoever lol.......hola mi amigo

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Sorry your thread got high-jacked min.

WT$ == Cult - (True)

But GOD could place Himself in anything, even a tree or even a vacuum cleaner

Question SOM, are you saying that GOD sucks when he places himself in a vacuum cleaner?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"You guys are getting SOM confused w/ Jcanon the OTHER messiah on this board. SOM is "brownboy" not Jcanon"

That being said I do kinda miss JC. Wish I had a copy of that crazy pic he posted of hisself sporting an afro and big hoop earrings while wearing a three piece suit.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"But GOD could place Himself in anything, even a tree or even a vacuum cleaner

Question SOM, are you saying that GOD sucks when he places himself in a vacuum cleaner?"

Why would God place himself in a vacuum cleaner?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit