Other Sheep will start taking the emblems.

by hamsterbait 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks Narkissos. It seems that at least some things stay the same in JW land for 23 years.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Exactly, no real change here.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Really, they probably have painted themselves into a corner here - much like the Roman Catholics have done with their celibate priesthood/nuns and prohibition of birth control.

Sometimes, no matter how stupid something has been, it just takes on a life of it's own and cannot be stamped out this easily.

• metatron
    metatron

Well, Duh! I've been pointing out for years that the "resurrection on the last day" refers to the traditional idea of being resurrected within the Judaism of Jesus' day. Those who have hope in this cannot be denied partaking of the 'blood and flesh' of Jesus.

If the Watchtower changed this, it would be quite a shock to us but I don't think they would lose any significant number of publishers. Witnesses today are 'Witlesses" --- ignorant zombies who know little more than a few proof texts and mostly, not even that. They neither read nor think and will simply rejoice that they can partake - without questioning anything.

Don't believe me? Everytime they cut something - or someone - the dimwitted publishers will say , "Well, they're becoming more efficient". So, what, they were wasting people and magazines for a hundred years? Not one of them can ever admit that donations aren't coming in.

They will accept it all happily without the slightest doubt or reasoned response.

metatron

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What Narkissos said.

If there is a Questions from Readers about this in a few months it will probably just repeat the explanation from 23 years ago that Narkissos highlighted.

Interestingly, in Blondie's "Comments you will not hear.." thread about this Watchtower article, Blues Brother cleverly spots that the Society in 1978 applied Jesus words in John 6 to the anointed, not the earthly class.

Blues Brother: "It is notable that the WT of 1978 3/1 p9 had applied this differently, to the anointed, as I had thought....

But the apostle Peter stuck to Jesus and said: “You have sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”—John 6:43-69.

On that occasion Jesus was not speaking to those circumcised Israelites about “everlasting life” as human creatures on a Paradise earth under his millennial kingdom. Rather, he was speaking about the very same opportunity that he was setting before the apostle Peter and his fellow apostles by means of the “sayings of everlasting life.” It was the opportunity to gain inherent life with the Christ in the heavens, “life in yourselves.”

• MadGiant
  • JWoods
    JWoods

One thing to remember is the conundrum of the Governing Body itself - these people are the only ones who can change this doctrine, and yet they owe their own very high and mighty position to this same doctrine.

It would take a great deal of honesty, (and even altruistic courage), to admit that they were flat out wrong and maybe even hypocrites to have claimed all these years that the GB was "so special" and that really all were equal.

I don't see it ever happening, given the dynamics of the control point structure of this plainly man-made organization.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is their defense mechanism should a big group of apostates or Born-agains show up and start partaking. Now, they can get more than 144,000 partaking and still claim that only 144,000 are going to heaven.

That still doesn't solve the problem of what happens if an apostate or Born-again decides to hog the whole glass of spoiled grape juice. Let about 30 of them show up, and see how far those wine bottles are going to go.

• minimus
    minimus

Nark, you're one of the most informative posters here!

Interesting thread. Still, I could see Watchtower saying, "We've been saying these things for a quarter of a century!".

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

glad im not annointed...too scared of heights!! lol

"angel eyes look down there"

"Noooooo im too scared"!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit