Other Sheep will start taking the emblems.

by hamsterbait 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

So many jws think it is their choice whether they go to heaven or not. They would rather stay on earth with their friends. But what if God did invite them? Would they refuse it? Isn't the concept really to do whatever God wants them to do?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The article from March 1 1978, is an excellent example of how the Borg tells us that the Bible doesn't mean what it says, IT MEANS WHAT THEY SAY.

Jesus says at John 6 : 54 "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him on the last day."

Taken in con junction with his words at the last supper "take eat/drink this means my body/blood " Mt Mr and Luke say it is to be poured out for many (Jesus makes NO statement of exclusivity. Any FOOL can see he means every Christian should partake of the eucharist.)

BUT but but the Gibbering Buddy saith:

" He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood" - by exercising faith in Jesus sacrifice - "has everlasting life." So they are saying here that Jesus did NOT mean for all believers to eat and drink. Those of the other sheep merely exercise faith by buying the litterature, and hawking for donations.

BIG problem here though - Since they claim the apostles taught two hopes, why is there nothing in the NT saying only those with the "heavenly calling" should partake?"

At that time everybody took the emblems - If the apostles had taught otherwise why is there no record of this??

If the Apostles did not teach what the Witchtower claims, then Gal 1:8 upon them all !!

HB

"

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    BIG problem here though - Since they claim the apostles taught two hopes, why is there nothing in the NT saying only those with the "heavenly calling" should partake?"

Well thats a different point of view. I had not considered flipping it that way.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

It this really would change, it would be a step to right direction. But I seriously doubt they will never change it.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Jesus issued a command to all his disciples '' keep doing this in rememberance of me".

I do not recollect any mention of him saying '' Oh! while I'm on the subject don't all of you partake ,some of you,the majority,just sit and stare at the wine and wafers and say pass it on. However, don't bother your minds about it just yet because,that bit about the majority ,well it doesn't take effect until the Twentieth Century gets under way."

When did Jesus teach the Watchtower doctrine? Not then, not now, not ever. It seems to me that the majority who professed christianity until the Jdubs came along partook by drinking and eating as commanded. What the Witnesses do not realise is that it's a very serious situation to disobey a direct command by God or, if you like, an order direct from heaven. It's even more serious for the Governing Body because they are the ones ordering the Witnesses not to partake unless they belong to that exclusive class. Which is total nonsense ,all followers of Christ should be his disciples .

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I dont think we will be encouraged to take of the emblems. Never do i think they would say that, time will tell though....i agree with IA though, it wont happen. Thanks AG, your lovely but honestly i dont mind serving Jah whilst i can and whatever reward im given, just being in the new syst would be great....if im there im there, if not....

• Gregor
    Gregor

My Lord told me to partake and I will participate in any ceremony, sacred rite or mystic ritual in order to enhance my "Jones" for this nutzoid cult.

Where's the crackers? Why can't we use real blood?

• bennyk
    bennyk

Of course, Witnesses in general (and the Society especially) have short (or at least very selective) memories. Still, there is that troublesome statement from the Watchtower of March(?) 1985 -- something to the effect that 'one goes on record as to one's hope by partaking or not partaking.' When I first started partaking, because I didn't want the very unwelcome attention it would cause, I had actually thought about attending the KH and not partaking there and then returning home to partake. (Incidentally, I do know a number of individuals who have done just that.) But because of that 1985 published doctrine, I did not...

• Johnny
    Johnny

The only thing SHEEPish about them, is there willingness to be SHEARED.

• metatron
    metatron

Jeez Louise, Guys! Do some real thinking about this! It may be that the arrogant frauds on the Governing Body are too proud to admit they were wrong but don't think that any change about partaking threatens their rulership!

Look, anybody can partake and what difference does it make? You can make any claim you want and you're still some ordinary schlub to them. It's not like they're going to ask for your opinion on anything. They have the power and position and you don't, period.

Maybe they never let the 'othersheeple' partake. If they did, it means nothing to their hold on power and I say that Joe Witness would rejoice and be too brainless to question anything.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit