Other Sheep will start taking the emblems.

by hamsterbait 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Was at the Kingdumb Hell yesterday after a gap.

Paragraph 11 planted the seed in the sheeples' heads for this.

Remember last weeks study, where Martha was quoted as saying: "I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day." (Jo 11: 24) The term "last day" was explained as applying to the Millennium, in the same way as "judgment day" for those receiving an earthly resurrection.

Now for paragraph 11 - I noticed some bemused faces, as usually John 6 is avoided in articles discussing earthly resurrection:

" "The bread that I shall give is my flesh," he said. Jesus gave his life not only for those who would rule with him in his heavenly Kingdom but also "in behalf of the life of the world" of redeemable mankind. "If anyone eats of this bread," that is, exercises faith in the redeeming power of Jesus' sacrifice, he will be in line for everlasting life. Indeed, the reference to 'living forever' included the long held Jewish hope of everlasting life on earth."

John 6: 54 was quoted in an answer: "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood, has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him on the last day." Applied to the earthly hope, it clearly shows non-annointed should partake of the party food at the Reject Jesus Festival. I noticed from one or two of the faces that pennies were dropping and 2+2 being computed.

It would certainly be a way of escaping from the embarrassing 1935 door closing and being reopened in 2008.

Lets face it the 1935 teaching was dropped because it was an embarrassment to those of the Gibbering Buddy, who were not even born in 1935, or became witlesses after that date. They were open to accusation of being bogus.

This is why a picture of all those comprising the new JW god did not appear until recently. Any fool can see how young they are.

The partakers problem is becoming acute.

Several years ago the declining numbers of partakers was said to be proof of how near the end is. Now that the numbers are going up, they are not even publishing the number. Seven MONTHS after this years memorial we are still asking "how many?".

I'll bet its got even nearer if not attained the 10 000 mark, undermining the 144 000 teaching even further.

By saying everybody who exercises faith in Jesus' sacrifice should take the emblems, they render the annual report of partakers irrelevant. It will simply become an indicator of how many JWs there are, and put a stop to more than a few awkward questions and challenges .

Probably they will quote "many are called but FEW chosen" and say it is therefore a personal thing as to whether you entertain a heavenly hope, which gives you no more importance in the scheme of things as any other witless. No more counts will be taken of who claims to be annointed.

Even annointed status to be on the GB has already been undermined in the "Proclaimers " book. A non- annointed brother resigned because at "that time it was thought only annointed ones" could serve in this capacity. (I no longer have the book so cannot reference this - it was in the 40s.)

And if you still dont believe this prediction, remember that at one time ONLY annointed ones could call themselves "Jehovah's witnesses."

HB

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Genius. Well spotted Hamsterbait. That one passed me by completely.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I just remembered something that Ed Dunlap once told me - back in the confusion prior to he and Franz being kicked out of Bethel.

Ed said simply that if the society would encourage everyone to partake of the emblems (along with the implications this would have), that probably all of the other doctrinally challenged ideas would work themselves out in due time.

This was in his "reformer" stage, before he realized the absolute futility of what he and the others were truly dealing with.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, they certainly could be headed there ..BUT how would they tackle the issue if all claimed being annointed? Since they teach the 'annointed' are forever in Heaven and rule, who would they rule over?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    hmm, they certainly could be headed there ..BUT how would they tackle the issue if all claimed being annointed? Since they teach the 'annointed' are forever in Heaven and rule, who would they rule over?

This, I_A, is exactly what I think old Ed Dunlap's point was. It all falls down from this one concept, doesn't it? For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse...

• sir82
    sir82

I don't know if they would do this - I suspect not, but who knows?

It would certainly rid them of one of their most vexing problems, thousands of "new anointed" who are claiming authority as part of the "faithful and discreet slave". By eliminating the most visible distinguishing mark of "the anointed", it dilutes or "cheapens" the distinction so much as to render it virtually worthless.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Isaac_Austin-

You ask:WHO will they rule over???

Why all the Jews who get the earthly resurrection, and unbelieving mankind who died without knowing Christ, as taught by Russell.

They have returned to their vomit more than once, as seen by the "Generation debacle".

The 144 000 teaching can then become symbolic, and the Great Crowd once more made a secondary heavenly class (as taught by Russell these are the 'tribulation class' 1 Cor 3: 15.)

They could also say they are just following John 6: 54.

HB

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

HB, So they would, hypothetically, teach that those JWs who died faithfully as well as those who live to the end would forever be in Heaven ruling over those who died faithfully before Jesus as well us unbelivers who died ebofre armageddon?

• JWoods
    JWoods

Perhaps we should remember the painful and abstracted arguments that took up most of every memorial talk - which were mostly devoted to "explaining" why probably nobody (well, at most a couple or so) people would be partaking.

Totally unscriptural - NOTHING biblical to actually suggest people should watch in awe while one or two old geezers ate a cracker and swallowed a gulp of Mogan David.

I have been as a kid to both Methodist and Presbyterian services for the last supper. They both did this once a month or so by convention. It was generally an uplifting little break from ordinary church.

Almost every non-witness I ever knew (to be honest about it) commented on how nobody partook, and how the JW themselves looked on the emblems passed around as if they contained potassium cyanide.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They could split the Annointed into 2 groups..

#1: The Annointed that rule in Heaven,over the Annointed that live on earth ..

#2:The Annointed that rule on Earth,over Animals,Vegtables and Minerals..

AT MEMORIAL..

The "Earthly Annointed" partake of the Wine and Crackers..

The "Heavenly Annointed" partake in Wine,Cheese and Crackers..

..................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit