Am i correct?

by angel eyes 121 Replies latest jw friends

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

angel eyes

I think that you're wrong - JWs, in my view, are all 'damaged goods'.

The born-ins, like me, have had a difficult life to attempt to escape the cult. I'm one of the lucky ones that made it, though many are still trapped and struggling to get out. I feel nothing but fellow feeling and some deep compassion for them!

Adults that joined of their own volition are to be pitied, mainly. Many are not quite right in the head, and need medication and therapy to adjust to life in the real world. Many of them eventually break free, too.

lifelong humanist

• redredrose
    redredrose

Speaking only for myself as one being 4th generation, there are two differences between being born in and not that I can see right off.

One, if you are not born in, it is entirely your choice to get baptized. My parents didn't force me to get baptized but the pressure from them and from my peers was tremendous. The result of which I was baptized at 11 along with my best friend. She and I were talking the other day and she asked me why I got baptized when I did. I told her it was because she was getting baptized and I didn't want to be left out. She laughed and said she got baptized because I did! The joke was on us!

The second difference is now that I have left the JWs behind, I must fear losing my family and most of my friends if my feelings are known. So in order to maintain my relationship with them I am forced to wear a mask and pretend. Being a what you see is what you get person, this is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

So AE, I definitely am not better off for being born in.

It is difficult for me to believe that you are as naive as you come across, but if you are - be ready for some rude awakenings.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

pj - off topic. Start a new post if you must.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I never have been self-righteous. Or ramble.....PjsChipper

• carla
    carla

How could anyone spend anytime here at all and NOT see that being born in is abusive in every way? How many stories of mental, spiritual, physical and sexual abuse does one have to read to figure it out?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I never have been self-righteous. Or ramble.....PjsChipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

PjsChipper..

You and AE both Ramble..

And..

Rarely do Either of You,make Sense..

I`m happy you liked my "Jehovah Pumpkin Bum" though..

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Meh

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Angel eyes, as an essentially born-in (2yrs old) with a father who became head elder in my area, I had many adult newbies tell me just how 'fortunate' I was to have the wonderful JW family I had and did not have to find the "truth" on my own as they did.

holy%^&*!! they had no idea what they were saying! and this was when i was no more than 10yrs old. I was inwardly appaled at their blindness.

Some do get 'get out of jail free cards' within the org due to family ties, I have one sister and 'elder' brother for proof.

Shouldn't that throw a large red flag?? Wake up!

• Casper
    Casper

Adults that joined of their own volition are to be pitied, mainly. Many are not quite right in the head, and need medication and therapy to adjust to life in the real world.

Seriously, being a convert myself, I resent that remark....

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit