Am i correct?

by angel eyes 121 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I feel that ones raised in the truth are so much better of than us who came in from the world. I say that because they have family who are witnesses too. Their parents protect them beyond belief, nothing they say or do is wrong AND the study forever!!!!! I know loads who studied with parents then with a different sis or bro for well over 3years or more!!!!! They run the world down yet thats my home, and its harder to start a new life, completely alien from the world and life you know and yet you dont get support, yet they are wrapped in cotton wool

A small commentary based on your original premise AE

Jehovah's Witnesses really do believe they are better off then anyone, simply because they are in the truth. I remember once as a brainwashed teen making the comment at a Service Meeting that we who were born in the truth had it so much better. And then I wondered why I didn't have friends... lol.

Your reasons for making this claim are A) Family who are JW's who protect them beyond belief. Very naive. The reason why ex JW's and others who have to hear this get annoyed realize one fact: Protected kids have good parents. Good parents know no religious boundaries.

The rest of your post didn't really make sense frankly, after the kids who study with brothers over 3 years....

It is this smug, self righteous idea that you are better off, better then everyone else, that is irratating. Also, its just plain wrong and naive of you and Jehovah's Witnesses to act like this.

I have been out over 3 years now. And I can tell you, good families, good kids, are a product of a host of circumstances that have nothing to do with religion.

I wish Jehovah's Witnesses would get over themselves. This is pure, unadulterated self righteousness, an attempt at indoctrination of their flocks by implanting the idea that "they" are not as good as "us". And wouldn't you like to be "us"?

So to answer the question you posed in your title, no, you are not correct.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

sent you a pm GG....VIII lol...nope not as far as i know...guess you were raised jw then?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"You sound--like Forrest Gump. "

LOL

"My name is Angel Eyes. People call me Angel Eyes."

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

atj only you could read into something so innocent....and i said didnt want to annoy anyone....would have to be you.

Please start another thread and sulk, tantrum on there, your not the only one who's had it rough ok!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

You know, everyone who starts off a statement with "I don't mean to annoy you" will probably annoy you. There is no free pass given because you say it. ("Why are you annoyed? I said I wasn't saying this to annoy you....") I used to go door to door each day and say "I am not looking to argue!" Of course, I was there to point out ultimately that I was right and they weren't. How could that possibly start an argument?

Also, you asked a question, and I answered it. I am pointing out that what lies behind the thinking of "Born ins" being better off is an underlying group dynamic with JW's of self righteous feelings and viewpoints.

However, I will not burden you with my comments anymore beyond this. I realize for JW's to have to face this is probably..... annoying.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

ones raised in the truth have a study all their life and then study with a bro or sis (when teenager) for 3 years or more...

Ones who come in from the world study 5 months maybe a year i think some have....so yes ones raised are far more looked after. My opinion and others actually.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

AE -

I guess you didn't mean for this to be a serious discussion, then.

He answered your question.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

serious? no...lighthearted...thats what i like...lifes much easier that way.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Then don't post a serious (and I agree with ATJ - self-righteous) question.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

lol...you do know how to tell em :) and never fail to make me smile :))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit