Am i correct?

by angel eyes 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(hand over heart) Oh darling, you know it's no bother whatsoever. I'm so happy to have the privilege of being your wife so I can cook and clean and do laundry and sit at home by myself while you are out laying down the law (I mean lovingly shepherding) the unspiritual ones. I will always lovingly set a good example for the other sisters who choose to work out in that nasty old world about how a wife should be! (bats eyes adoringly). Oh, and thank you so much for that correction about praying! Thank goodness I have you to direct this little female brain of mine!!!

(runs off to secretly pop more Paxil)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    (runs off to secretly pop more Paxil)

*Hmm.... Where's my stash of Paxil?*

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I don't think Angel Eyes was saying that those who are raised in the truth are better than others, just that they have it easier than others (She wrote "better of" but most likely meant "better off") . She mentions that they have the support of their families who study with them and protect them. She's just saying that it's harder for her, coming from the world, having had to readjust her whole lifestyle without a family to support her.

• dissed
    dissed

You know, my JW bestfriend was raised in the 'truth' from a beautiful JW family of 7 children. I was always very envious of his siutation, since my family life was so bad.

His parents were the nicest people you could ever know. And yet, my friend said he was envious of my 'truth' appreciation. His opinion, better to be raised outside.

All seven children, when they became a responsible age left the 'truth'. Like most JW children, when they become older they leave. I guess being raised in the 'truth', a life-time of Bible study, meetings, field service, district conventions, doesn't work for them.

My guess would have been, they should be the strongest and best, the JW's can offer. But my guess would be wrong.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    She's just saying that it's harder for her, coming from the world, having had to readjust her whole lifestyle without a family to support her.

If that is what she is saying then I can concur to a certain degree. I remember going to church while my family stayed home. My family never got into church for a multitude of reasons but allowed me to go. I used to envy those whose whole family were in church.

Looking back though and comparing my life to my wife's (a born in witness), I think I was the one who was better off in the long run.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

My ex and her kin were "born in". Their protected upbringing left them with a distorted view of the world outside the WT and the people in it. The "Us vs. Them" mentality made it all too easy for them to adopt attitudes and behaviors that offend outsiders who chance to see their private side. I don't think the attitude and behavior is deliberate, I doubt they are even aware of it and how it looks to outsiders.

That, in a nutshell, is the down side of growing up inside the Watchtower coccoon. I pray that in the time our mixed family lasted, I was good enough an example that my children won't grow up with "born in Witness" attitudes. Time will tell.

"Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated." --Martin Luther King Jr., 1958

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Comment withdrawn. What's the point with this one?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I can see the points about AE's original post. Having said that, may I suggest if that was the case that a little more attention to spelling can alleviate the problem?

Also, I still maintain that there is an undercurrent of self righteousness associated with the rest of AE's rambling inital post on this thread. (wrapped in fuzzy cotton or something like that???)

My point wasn't to attack AE personally, but to point out that her thoughts on the matter smack of self righteousness, to which I have already extensively commented on. AE is fine by me to stay a JW and to point out what she thinks is good. But if she is looking for agreement to some of her posts, I don't think she will find too much. Agreement isn't the point, esp when it comes to a presentation of what is good regarding JW dogma and lifestyle.

• shamus100
    shamus100

A) The post is meant to be annoying. (have you ever heard someone complain who's first words are "I'm not a cheap person, but...." . Mega cheap!)

B) AE has no friends in "da truuf" so it needs to hang out with apostates? How utterly pathetic.

C) The extreme use of exclamation points !!!!!!! Like wow!!!!! I love it!!!!! Holy crap, that sucks!!!!!! Oh, my dryer is done!!!!! Wow!!!! This is so bring!!!!! etc., etc., etc.,!!!!!!

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I don't think she's being self righteous at all, she's just saying she's frustrated. She feels that children of witnesses have a great support system and she doesn't. They're insulated from the world ("wrapped in cotton wool"). Not only do their parents support them by studying with them "forever", other brothers and sisters help them by studying with them as well. She, on the other hand, has to live in the world without that support. Since she feels she's out in the world alone, the witnesses make it harder for her by continually talking about how bad the world is. They just talk about it, she has to live in it! ("they run the world down yet thats my home")

She's most likely here to find the support and 'community' she doesn't feel she's getting at the Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit