Am i correct?

by angel eyes 121 Replies latest jw friends

• zugzwang
    zugzwang
    your, you're
    their, they're, there

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sad thing is, it will only get worse as time goes on. With all of the texting shorthand that people use, before long, no one will remember how to correctly spell anything.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Let me tell you, I was raised in the "truth" since birth.

There were girls in High School that I like very much and we did like each other, but my parents would not let me date them. That sucks!

I cannot play sports in High School because the Watchtower say so. That sucks!

My parents discouraged me from going to a big college right after high school, they want me to enroll into 2 year program, but I only finished only one year, I had to quit and work full time. I was a pretty good basketball player, I could have gotten a basketball scholarship, so I can have 4 year degree. You just never know that I could have been in the NBA. Thanks alot, Watchtower!

ONLY one good thing about my parents raising me in the "truth" is that my parents quit smoking before they got baptized. They were very heavy smokers, I have never tried to smoke a cigarette. I am grateful for that.

I would rather be non smoking worldly person since birth than non smoking JW person since birth. Of course, everyone is different, keep reading here and not to be brainwashed anymore.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

ATJ - Oh man. I would have been one of the sisters all aquiver because you were such a spiritually good catch. ;) You hot thing you!!!! Oh yes, together we could have ruled our congregation and showed those peons how it's done!!!

Ugh. Who WERE we????

ZZ - I totally forgot - to, too, and two!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This thread is about Jws Raised in the Cult..

Being "Better" than other JW`s..

Not..

"Different"

I feel that ones raised in the truth are so much better of than us who came in from the world.

If you give AE room to wiggle out of a post..She`ll take it..

You only enable a Decietful Person..

..............................OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    ATJ - Oh man. I would have been one of the sisters all aquiver because you were such a spiritually good catch. ;) You hot thing you!!!! Oh yes, together we could have ruled our congregation and showed those peons how it's done!!!

Yeah, then maybe we could have left together, as it appears we both have the ability call bullshit for what it is. lol We could have both been universally hated and tolerated at the same time.

Oh the life of a born in....

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If you give AE room to wiggle out of a post..She`ll take it.. You only enable a Decietful Person..

Good point. I don't think it is unfair for a JW who makes that claim, even if they say it is for lighthearted reasons (whatever that could possibly mean) to point out the thinking behind that.

It is fair to note the damage that occurs. There is no such thing as "better off" where Jehovah's Witnesses are concerned, being a born in doesn't make you a better person. It makes you a person who happened to be born to at least one active JW parent. Thats all.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Outlaw - not trying to make excuses for anyone (and thanks ATJ - you are right, I will call bullshit when I see it) BUT I think that was a typo - I honestly think she was saying:

" feel that ones raised in the truth are so much better OFF than us who came in from the.."

OFF not OF. Changes the meaning. OF doesn't make sense, OFF does...ergo, we are discussing if born-ins are better off - not just better.

(Although CLEARLY ATJ and I ARE better than the rest of you) ;) C'mon honey, it's time for our personal study that we always do together regularly and without fail so we can mention it to the cargroup so you all know how much more spiritual we are! (skips off with ATF, carefully NOT holding hands lest someone be stumbled!)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    (skips off with AT(J), carefully NOT holding hands lest someone be stumbled!)

What do you mean? We aren't praying dear?

Sorry honey, I know you cooked dinner, but I have an emergency elders meeting. Don't worry, you can brag to the car group how much you sacrifice for Jehovah, and how much obviously better that makes you....

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Georgie girl - don't forget affect and effect!

AE - I was very lucky with my parents they never pushed me into baptism (didn't get baptised until I was 23). I was fortunate. I was never bullied by kids in school but others weren't so lucky....my problems were with the others in the congregation even when I was a small child.

Some who were brought up witnesses and have now left find themselves in very difficult situations - they sacrificed their education, chances to go to uni, have good jobs so was being brought up a witness good for them?

I do think that someone who is studying with witnesses needs to study for a lot longer than 6 months to really understand what they're letting themselves in for.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

GG..

The post indicates Jehovah`s Witness "raised in"..

Have something "better" than those not..

"Better off"..Better Of"..

Obviously there is something "Better" in Angel Eyes opinion..

About being Raised a JW..

It`s simply not so..

No matter how you White Wash it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit