Am i correct?

by angel eyes 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

angel eyes From your perspective you would feel that way. I suppose you would think that those being raise in "the truth" would have little if anything to repent from. I'm sure you feel you've done (finally) all the repenting you need to do to be recreated by God. It's a wonder your head doesn't explode from all the (self)-righteousness. So to answer your question. No! They are NOT better. They are in the same trap you are in, only in it much deeper.

• avishai
    avishai

Being raised a JW sucks. Cold winters @ 3 door to door, hot summers in a suit, door to door. Hot assemblies, in a suit, and in the 1970's, 4 to five days, in a suit, 10 hours a day @ the assembly. Not being trained to protect yourself from kids who kick your ass every day at school, not being protected from abusers as your parents are trained to trust that the elders will take care of it, not the police. If the abuser denies it, the risk of being branded a slanderer if you warn others. Bans on vaccines, transplants, and transfusions in life-threatening situations.
    Yeah, that's well protected, AE. Another thing? If you don't have kids, don't breed. Please.

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, and not to mention, that if you decide it's not for you, and leave as a born in, you lose your entire support system, with NO secondary education. Try that for awhile @ 18 and see how that works for ya.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I joined the JWs at 25, made the JW lifestyle the focal point of my life, and virtually ignored my "worldly" family for the next 20 years. I dumped my fiance and my friends. As a JW I busted my ass, but could never truly be accepted by them. I used to be "worldly", and therefore would always have that "worldly" stench about me. No matter what I did, I could never be as good as them; an equal. I often wondered why the JWs bothered going from door to door looking for converts when they really didn't want us. We were expected to turn our lives upside down, dump our family, friends, and lovers only to be forced to live in an emotional vacuum. Actually, that's inaccurate. An emotional vacuum would have been preferable to the spiritual, mental, and emotional abuse I tolerated and witnessed for 20 years. Before I was a JW I was raised in a toxic family, lived a criminal lifestyle, and spent a little time in jail, but in all of my time among unsavoury people I never encountered anyone who actually enjoyed being cruel; people who could smile in your face while tearing out your heart. I had to go to the kingdom hall to find that.

When I left the cult my family accepted me back with open arms, and not a single word of criticizm. It's as though I was never gone. The JWs who see me shun me, and they're too stupid to know they're doing me a favour every time they turn away.

W

• penny2
    penny2

angel eyes, you are confused. Try to explain your reasoning to someone who has never been a JW and see if they think it's logical.

• milola
    milola
    ones raised in the truth have a study all their life and then study with a bro or sis (when teenager) for 3 years or more...

Wow! things I guess have really changed since I was in. I was born in or close enough anyway. I was never studied with as a teenager. I vaguely remember family studies but for all I know it was just preparation for one of the meetings. I think I gave up listening at age 5...it just got so repetative.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I don't know if the Society, by always encouraging us to associate with those who were spiritually stronger than us, realizes that they are creating a social vacuum for those at the bottom. Children who have an unbelieving parent; men who "should" be been servants but aren't; women who have an unbelieving spouse, etc., feel left out. They can't associate with the world yet they aren't included in many Witness social activities either. They may have an easier time than "born ins" if they decide to leave but life for them as a Witness can be very lonely.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

No, you are not correct, however you are highly irritating.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They may have an easier time than "born ins" if they decide to leave but life for them as a Witness can be very lonely.

That's how it was for me. The marital breakup was difficult, but leaving the JWs itself was a breeze once I got over the anger at myself for being duped by them.

W

• blondie
    blondie

Now I was raised a jw but my husband was not. We talked about this and he says it really depends on how many attachments a person has with jws, family or friends. He had no jw family and by the time we left, no one we trusted as friends. My jw family are abusive (even to other jws) and so not seeing them has been therapeutic. It helps that we both left together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit