To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Turn the tide, Sylvia. Turn the tide.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Defending my beliefs isnt what this was all about..... (so cant learn a lesson from something ive not done)

Thanks though snowbird....xxxxxxxxxxx always listening...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well what was it about then? because there are countless stupid comments from you about " Jah this, how great elder X is, how great pioneering is, how great the G/B is" trash that most of us don't want to read, as one poster said previously comments like that are like " nails down a chalkboard" , and most of all you upset Mouthy and haven't given a really suitable apology

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It seems to me that there comes a certain point where we have to cut our losses.

Of course a JW is going to post what AE has done.

Personally, AE doesn't need to apologize to Mouthy. I don't expect apologies from anyone. Why would we want to force an apology that isn't meant? Why coerce it?

Take power away from JW's by limiting their power to upset us.

AE, I for one believe you and take you at your word. I have no lectures beyond what has already been stated.

I think, in my opinion, its time to move on.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ATJ, you said:

Of course a JW is going to post what AE has done.

What do you mean?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I agree that Angel Eyes gives off a much sweeter aura than Reniia did.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Thanks jimmy

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just that they are duty bound to promote and defend Jehovah's Witnesses. Thats all I meant.

In the doing of this, it is impossible NOT to cause offense to one degree or another. The whole JW theology that everyone except the 7 million JW's will survive Armageddon is itself, an offensive doctrine.

Of course, JW's aren't the only religion to promote an idea of exclusive salvation while the world passes away. It just happens that JW's are the group that we know best who does that.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ah true Jeff.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

And again...really. C'mon everyone. As I said in another post, it's time for AE to BACK OFF and I would repeat that advice to everyone. This needs to be done. AE will never really understand why her "kind" words were taken as cruel and insensitive, and those of us who have lived through it may not truly remember what it felt like to NOT understand why spouting WT answers was seen as cruel and insensitive.

This reminds me of a time when I was in service and had a first call on a guy and we talked about the trinity. I was soooo excited at how well it went - I shared it with my car group, mentioned in in a comment at the service meeting, prepared for a couple of hours for the next call, felt all warm and lovey and fuzzy - and you can imagine my surprise when I went back on my RV to find a man who was purple with rage, felt offended and insulted by our initial conversation, and then attacked me personally (verbally) and my religion.

I was shocked at how badly I had mis-read the situation.

AE, I said this to you before, and NOT in an unkind way, not matter how you took it - it is time to BACK OFF. Leave this alone. You do not have to have the last word or to justify yourself and be enveloped in warm fuzzies by everyone. IA, Jook - I understand your frustration - I do. But be bigger people, let this one go. Remember, the war is not fought and won on a single battle. But again - for everyone - it is time to let this one rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit