Satan and demons...? To any who believe in them.

by angel eyes 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The demons are the "watchers", the Annunaki, and you'll see them for yourself in 2012 when Nibiru returns.

W

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

jaguarbass, is that you? ;)

• Farkel
    Farkel

JWs claim they are not the least superstitious, yet they think demons live in sofas found at garage sales!

They have an invisible God, an invisible Kingdom, and invisible reigning King, an invisible second coming of Christ and invisible enemies.

But they're not superstitious!

Farkel

• Spook
    Spook

Spook: the contradiction you point to exists only because JWs ignore the Jewish literary background of the NT, especially Enochian literature. From the book of Jubilees, for instance, it is very clear that the "evil spirits" (who cause illness etc. like in the Synoptic Gospels or Acts) are not the "fallen angels" who interbred with women and were "abyssed" (by Jude and 2 Peter) but the spirits of their dead progeny (Nephilim or Giants) -- only one tenth of which were let loose according to the Jubilees version of the story.

Yes. That's not all they ignore. They also ignore medical literature and the fact that only people who believe demons exist seem to have experiences with them. Others have experience with aliens, but JW's don't. Anthropology is fascinating.

JW's could have a consistant theology on this point if they just said that demon posession is a mental disorder - but then they couldn't use the fear. They further cannot utilize the theology above because they believe - unlike the authors of some of the bible books - that people do not have souls (but they do have spirits...RIGHT.)

What's more fun, pop stories of ouija boards scaring people about party games, or scientific articles about subtle motor functions of the brain?

I've never gotten a JW to explain to me why they accept the protestant cannon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They enjoy haunting mental hospitals, they must get a kick out of taking advantage of the weak minded.....PjsChipper

• cantleave
    cantleave

They are lurking, they are real. Rev:18:2.

and they are controlled by Derren Brown

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love Derren Brown

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love Derren Brown

Have you seen his site Science of Scams?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, is it a website or can I see it on Youtube? Off to google...

Found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIWhNh5V6Q&feature=player_embedded

http://www.scienceofscams.com/

This is cool, thanks!

• donuthole
    donuthole

Yeah -- I was called a child of Satan too. LOL

Having been raised as a JW I will say that too often witnesses believe in the power of Satan and the demons more than they believe in the power of God. How so? We routinely denied miracles and the power of the Holy Spirit as things for "Bible times" but believed all sorts of crazy stories of modern-day walking smurfs, demonic rapes, levitating objects, etc. etc. Another example is that JW's believe in demonic possession but don't believe in exorcisms by the power of God.

Yes I believe in Satan and I believe in demons. But more than that I believe in God's Word and from the Word I learned that God is sovereign, even over the Enemy, and that Jesus has given believers authority over demons by his Name. Having had encounters with unclean spirits I will testify that through Jesus, believers still have authority over them and they must submit to Christ.

As a Witness I tended to be in fear of the Enemy and demons but learning the truth now it isn't much of a concern to me. I am concerned with seeing people who are opressessed by unclean spirits liberated and I praise God that this is possible through Jesus Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit