Satan and demons...? To any who believe in them.

by angel eyes 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And again, I ask you for the BIBLICAL basis of why you feel (or actually the GB says) it is not appropriate to 'witness' in churches?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

yh i know undercover..this thread has gone off the topic, so its back on topic now :)

Feel free to have your say..satan...demons...

• isaacaustin
  • WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Why be afraid of something the bible tells us is being "allowed to exist" by God and will supposedly be squashed anyway? Its like what my cat does with geckos. They watch them. They play with them. They chase them and let them run around and then BAM! Dead gecko.

People are easily convinced of things and then their fears become self fulfilling prophecies.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

undercover

I haven't read the entire thread so I'm kinda puzzled how a question about believing in Satan and the demons got around to about JWs attending other churches but since the connection has been made...
    We were always told as kids to not even ride our bikes and skateboards on church property...we'd get demons on our tires and wheels.

That's why I was asking about going to other churches

Where did that idea come from?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

angel eyes

People fear satan and the demons because of the danger they can cause, yes we have Jah's protection yet the demons can still influence us and mislead us.

You never really answered my question.

What's the worse thing a demon or satan can do to a JW?

• undercover
    undercover

Where did that idea come from?

The idea of demons on tires or that Satan and the demons are connected with churches in general?

I don't really know. I would guess that since Satan is the ruler of this system of things and Christendom is false religion under his power it would be dangerous for a JW to knowingly go where Satan has control. This thinking is re-enforced by the Societies counsel to avoid churches.

It's superstition pure and simple.

The demons on tires thing was probably just to scare us kids.

edit: format demons have struck this post...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Makes me think of the Wt reasoning that we must use Jehovah's name in prayers, asking the question of whether we would want Satan to think the prayer was addressed to him. Makes me wonder what Satan could do if he thought a Christian's prayer was addressed to him?? LOL

• Twitch
    Twitch

They enjoy haunting mental hospitals, they must get a kick out of taking advantage of the weak minded.

You gotta be kidding me.

Anyways, I don't believe in spirits or the spirit world. Fabrications of the mind and belief used to try to explain things not understood about our world/universe. Who believes a sun god drives a fiery chariot across the sky anymore?

• poppers
    poppers

After listening to all of those videos of Morneau it finally comes out: Only people who are in the SDA church cannot be decieved by evil spirits because their day of worship is on Saturday. Everyone else is being decieved, and giving honor to Satan by going to church on Sunday. Adventists cannot be brought under the influence of "the great deception" because they are given very special help and spiritual insight; they are not ordinary people. The smug look on the faces of the other couple is priceless when they hear that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit