Satan and demons...? To any who believe in them.

by angel eyes 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

By the way this Roger Morneau character is selling books, so just like the WTS. what people write and what they directly say in support of what they have

written for their commercial aspirations, should be taken and viewed with doubtful speculation.

A good example is the bullshit the WTS. said and wrote about over the decades to sell their literature.

Actual occurring events over time get over sensationalized and embellished to make the stories more attractive to the listener or the reader.....

Evil spirits were created mostly out of human ignorance out of events that could not be clearly explained or understood.

Within those ignorances ancient cultures identified between the good spirits and the bad spirits and this became apart of the social awareness.

This continues even today with some cultures and nationalities around the world.

Fortunately those ignorances are vanishing as knowledge and understanding increases about the world we live in.

It does prove though the sensitivity and venerability of the human imagination.

Interesting information on Wiki of the beliefs Of Satan the Devil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

whatever you believe in - you give it power.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Excellent point LouBelle.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To me, Satan was the one that saw God about to tyrannize mankind, and did something about it at the risk of his own life. And God was such a sore loser that He threw a temper tantrum, of course making the punishment as complicated and drawn out as He possibly could have. And Jesus did the same work, or attempted to do the same work, as Satan--that is, to free mankind from God's tyranny.

This does not sound like Satan or the demons (who only wanted to experience firsthand something other than everything they did was what Jehovah told them to) are really that much of a threat. Really, Satan had more real love for mankind than Jehovah--risking his own life to save us from stagnation and everything we did being what Jehovah told us to. Threatening?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

angel eyes

I'm not surprised JWs believe in Satan and demons. I believe they exist. What I'd like to know is, why do JWs fear them?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I believe Jw's are all demon possessed. The ones who visit here must be - after all isn't this the den of Satan to Jw's?

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If Satan and his demons exist, they only power they have is the power given to thme by believers and non-believers alike.

Ignoring evil doesn't make it stop, it makes it grow.

Of course one doesn't have to believe in anything.

If you choose to believe in angels then, by default a belief in Satan and Demons is kind of their too, though perhaps not in the samegenral way.

Personally, I have seen great "evil", we all have, case in point the atrocities of WW2, if we choose to believe that this evil was/is demonic in nature, that's up to the individual.

The fact remains that evil does exist, regardless of how one chooses to "rationalise" it and it must be combated.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Ignoring evil doesn't make it stop, it makes it grow.

That's why I make sure to vote against the Republicans in every election!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

DD, People fear satan and the demons because of the danger they can cause, yes we have Jah's protection yet the demons can still influence us and mislead us. I dont fear satan or the demons atall, but i guess thats due to my childhood. Many jw do fear them though.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Should they fear them, if they have God's protection?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit