Satan and demons...? To any who believe in them.

by angel eyes 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Yes and we are all sorts for all kinds of people, jew for the jews etc....BUT that was in those days, things change within time and within this system of things. We dont celebrate bdays anymore or xmas, just two examples, and likewise JW dont go into churches to hear the worship, that would be having too masters.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Where is the scriptural basis for this change?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I guess my further question, assuming door to door visitation is how the apostles preached (it was not, but for the sake of this conversation let's asusme it is) why is this a mandatory tenet for JWs today? That was something done in that system, at that time.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Matt 6 v24 says no one can slave for two masters.

I am happy with my faith,I went to the church before i became a JW and they didnt have the answers. I still speak with others who have their beliefs.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    BUT that was in those days, things change within time and within this system of things.

Yea you don't seem to be preaching the way you used to.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

matt 6:24 is not talking of not slaving for God and riches. Totally irrelevant to this discussion which is abot why JWs can not go into churches to share the gospel.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

So again, what is the Biblical basis for the change?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    ...I went to the church before i became a JW and they didnt have the answers.

What kind of answers were you looking for?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I wanted to know the truth about the bible. why we were all dying. would we go to heaven if died those kind of things. Actually the church i went to NEVER used or opened the bible once!!! then another religion i looked into they were always getting drunk, and clearly not even having any affection for the bible. Anyway, im happy and your happy :)

be back on later...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And what truth have you found?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit