Does anyone think that maybe we're just wrong?

by paul from cleveland 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Look at me everyone!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

journey-on wrote:

Welcome, Paul. I understand exactly where you're coming from. The fear of Armageddon was ingrained into my psyche from my earliest childhood. When I was "bad", my parents told me if I didn't behave I would be destroyed at Armageddon. I grew up with a very real deep-seated fear of it. I was mortified by the picture of terrified faces falling into a crack in the ground from the orange Paradise book.

When I decided to leave, I simply told myself that if Armageddon is really coming, then I guess I'll just die in it. Simple as that. Fear gone. I was not going to raise my children that way ......que sera sera.

Totally understand, bro! I remember those horrifying images.. and I can tell you now, after 25 or more years out, that I still get that little voice in the back of my head during a thunderstorm: Armagheddon? and feel a bit of the anxiety well up. Even after all these years. It does get better, but you never really forget!

CG

• TD
    TD

The posts would be identical if it was a board glitch

• jookbeard
  • Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Paul from cleveland... I feel ya on that one.

And good comments were made on here! :)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hit your submit button only once - even if it takes a while.

See? Didn't we all learn something today?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

this is odd..it says S100 has posted on here...but when i click on just see my last thread???????

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So, if the Bible is truly the Word of God,

The Bible is NOT the Word of God (John 1:14; Revelation 19:13). Dear ones, THIS is the "BEGINNING of wisdom"... KNOWING who/what the Word of God TRULY is. If you can GET this... the kingdom of the heavens will begin to open up to you! I SO don't get why folks so want to make the Bible "the Word of God." Get OVER this lie! Move PAST it! Please! It is what is standing between you... and the Truth. Until you KNOW that they are one and the same (the Word and the Truth)... and STOP replacing him with a mere compilation of writings on pieces of form wood, paper, that rots and decays... an inanimate object... a BOOK... you will not KNOW him. God's Word... is ALIVE! (Hebrews 4:12) He died in the flesh and was given the keys to death and Hades so that he was not held by them. He (that Word) returned from the dead... and showed himself... and ascended to offer a sacrifice for us. But he did not leave us entirely. You can't SEE him... with the eyes of your flesh... because he is a SPIRIT. You can't see him with your eyes of SPIRIT... because you won't bring yourselves to ACKNOWLEDGE who and what he IS. Please... please... stop... invaliding and minimizing him!

C'mon... dear ones: you CAN get this! I have given you the verses here for some 8 years, now, and at a previuos site for about 2-3 years before that! Stop being hard-headed, hard-hearted, and STIFF-NECKED as to this TRUTH! Leave off ALL that you have been falsely taught... from ALL who have falsely taught you... about the Bible being God's Word. It is NOT. It simply contains the LAW... the "tutor"... that LEADS to Christ, God's Word. (Galatians 3:24)

Searching the scriptures will not bring you life - only the Word of God can do that. (John 5:39, 40 - and if you use the KJV, the word "search" is an error! Look up the GREEK, so that you see what word is accurate so that the verse makes SENSE!).

Knowing the Bible will not bring you life; it is knowing - and no, NOT "taking in knowledge of, but KNOWING - the True God... AND the One whom He sent forth... His Word! (John 17:3) But you cannot truly KNOW someone... if you REFUSE to acknowledge who... and what... he is!

Please, forgive my exuberance and zeal on this issue, but... well, I'm just sayin'... you can GET this! You can. I'm just saying'...

we are likely still in the time of the "wheat and the weeds."

We are indeed in the "time of the wheat and weeds"... at least as far as the time when the two grow together. That is because the "harvest" has not occurred, yet. But it isn't far off: we very well may see it in our lifetime.

We aren't in the "last days"

We aren't, at least as far as such days are "spiritual," which everything became after our Lord ascended (through him, everything went from that which is physical... to that which is SPIRITUAL: the Law... the temple... "Israel"... the kingdom... "Jerusalem"... everything. THat is why we must walk by FAITH... and not by SIGHT. (2 Corinthians 5:7) The physical fulfillment began in 30CE (not 33CE) when the sheep were "scattered" after the shepherd was "struck"... and culminated between 70CE, when the temple was destroyed, and thespring of 73CE, when Masada fell.

and there's no "invisible presence" of Jesus

Unfortunately, this is a false statement. There is indeed an invisible presence. Spirits, which our Lord is... are invisible [usually] to the physical eye; however, they can and do manifest when desired/necessary. Our Lord, who is a SPIRIT (John 4:24; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 1 Corinthians 15:45)... has indeed been present with us... since his resurrection in 30CE (and not 33 CE). From that time on... and until he returns MANIFEST so that every eye sees him... he has been with us, speaking to us, guiding us, teaching us, leading us. (Matthew 28:20b) Because of this, we don't NEED any other(s) to teach, or shepherd us. Dear ones, we HAVE a Leader. (Matthew 23:10; 24:4, 5; John 13:13)

May you hear... and get the sense of it... if you truly wish to.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• angel eyes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit