November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• CrazyBlonde
    CrazyBlonde

Another gem from the same edition - article to be studied December 28 - January 3 (which most will miss lol coz of summer vacation) entitled "What do Your Prayers Say About You?" page 6 para 19 reads:

19 When we are being represented in public prayer, we need to display reverential "fear of God." (1 Pet 2:17) There may be a proper time and place for some actions that would be inappropriate at a Christian meeting. (Eccl 3:1) For instance, suppose someone sought to have all in a group link arms or hold hands during prayer. This might offend or distract some, including visitors who do not share our beliefs. Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore "do all things for God's glory" and avoid conduct that could distract, shock or stumble anyone. - 1 Cor 10:31,32; 2 Cor 6:3.

Again, the whole 'you must love God more than your spouse' thing.

Every meeting I have to attend next year I'm going for the pash during prayer now!!! lol.

I hate the whole 'don't do anything that could possibly stumble ANYONE' mantra. If they don't like what I do, they can suck it up.

• hotspur
    hotspur

Just where does the line get drawn between being stumbed and causing stumbling? Never did get that.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is f*cked up..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Absolutely ridiculous. How much control do they want to impose on the everyone? I can't see how anyone can be stumbled by people showing a little affection during a meeting. Next thing will be to limit respiration during meetings in order to prevent someone from mistakingly thinking that you are breathing heavily because of some inappropriate thought.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

To quote my husband: "Bull $hit!"

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

It doesn't matter how they act during a prayer, if God is out there he's not listening to them anyway, stupid bastards. Their prayers are going straight to Satan i reckon...ironic ain't it?

BorgHater

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Note what they don't say is even more striking.

They do not say that it is wrong to cuddle or hold someone else's spouse during the prayer, after-all everyone should have their eyes closed and head bowed during the prayer.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZYBLONDE- Great thread. Another awful display of how controlling the WT society is becoming. I think for good measure just to show em' - some sexy brother or sister should just get it on during prayer and interrupt the whole proceedings . Maybe the married couple just got really encouraged by the stimulating prayer ! Who knows ? If the WT is gonna make THAT BIG of a deal about it- give them a show

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

crazyblonde, going for the pash lol you made me crack up when i read that :))

Yh i dont agree with the way its been put across.....i always hold hubbys hand and would never EVER not hold his hand, even when im out or at a friends, if hubby isnt there i hold my left hand and have my wedding ring held too, just so his still part of the prayer

• bluecanary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit