November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

How many here are "stumbled" by this natural display of public affection ? ( Two women friends )

• jambon1
    jambon1

I suppose this rules out the elders having a sly 'ham shank' under the table during a judicial comitee as they enquire about another persons sexual habits?

What an absolute crock of bullshit.

Really.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I agree with publication. (Can you believe it??)

I never liked those touchy huggy kissie churches or groups where strangers behaved "too familar".

It's fakey and pretensious.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Sorry it's the French one, but look at the pic of them all setting the example! LOL.

• blondie
    blondie

So married couples are "strangers behaved "too familar".

It's fakey and pretensious."

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

When I used to see married couples holding hands during the prayer, or the husband with his arm around his wife's shoulders, I actually thought it was very beautiful and touching, a true demonstration of the affection and respect they had for each other. I know others thought the same. To me, it would seem that gestures like this would unite, instead of divide.

CG

• sir82
    sir82

If they back it up with a picture, it's an important point to them.

This is quite nuts. Who on earth is "stumbled" by signs of affection during a prayer?

Well, on the positive side, any who are on the fence, not quite sure if the WTS really is a pharisaical organization, ought to be convinced after this.

• minimus
    minimus

The Proper Posture of Prayer, the next Watchtower study article.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I am definately not a WT apologist, but I think too much is being read into this. I think they are "discouraging" over the top affection during prayers, like say a full frontal hug between husband a wife, or a group of 5 single pioneer sisters linking arms or holding hands (which I used to see ever stinking mtg, didn't offend me, but was very corny)

It will be like anything else, written down, underlined, studied at a WT indoctrination session, and then forgotten. I wonder how this will go over in certain countries where friends are very affectionate together, ie spain, italy etc...

bottom line, this will be ignored like most of the rest of the garbage.

• minimus
    minimus

Imagine if you're at a KH funeral and a young child has died. During the prayer when the ressurection hope is mentioned, it would not be unusual for a dad and mom to embrace during such a sad event. But now, the Organization has deemed it as WRONG, "stumbling"! Who the f*ck are they?? This really pisses me off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit