November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Farkel,

What happens during prayer is nobody's business. Everyone else should have their ears open, their heads bowed (in shame!), and their mouths shut.

The next step for the WTS is to get everyone on their knees with their hands in the prayer position. Just like the Catholics.

(((smooch)))

• PEC
    PEC

Cold fish.

Philip

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Someone might be offended if they see you embrace your spouse? Whatever happened to Jehovah having the duty to provide everyone (yes, Baghead, that does include me, even if You wanted me to start Your Second Dark Ages instead) with their own mate so they wouldn't have impetus to be "offended" due to envy? Rather, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag wants to put up so many barriers that finding a mate is just about impossible--and the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery adds even more to that (plus exploits the resulting situation for its own advantage).

What about people being offended by having the washtowel articles discussing oral sex in front of children, when they are so against sex? They want people to have a "sex is dirty" attitude. They do all they can to pose a "sex is dirty" attitude. And then they expose children to this kind of material--creating the problem that causes children to be damaged by this, and then exposing them to the oral sex articles. What if parents were to let their children miss boasting sessions where oral sex is being discussed? They would be offended by Brother Hounder coming to hound them to force their children to go to such boasting sessions.

Not to mention how many children are offended--and rightly so--by being molested (often in hounding calls), and then being threatened with being disfellowshipped for reporting it or warning others about the pedophiles. They don't do anything about that--rather, they would limit physical affection among spouses while creating situations where others could be offended due to envy.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Dear Watchtower

I was all set to join up with your religion. I was looking forward to having "elders" younger than my children checking up on me, spending Saturdays selling magazines for the rest of my life, and knowing that summer vacation will be spent at more of your fine conventions. But Sunday at the Kindom Hall this couple in front of me was HOLDING HANDS! That's just gross. I will never be able to go into one of your buildings again, so I guess I'm bird food.

Stumbled.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Ummmmm.... How would you know if someone is holding hands during a prayer????

Shouldn't your eyes be closed????

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok next time I go to a meeting, I'm dry humping my wife during prayer

• inbetween
    inbetween

omg, things like that make me really upset,

control freaks, what about the Three-fold-cord ???? man, I dont know how long I can stand this....

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I wanna sit behind wha and his wife.......

• nelly136
    nelly136

definately sposed to have their eyes shut, the only thing is i've forgotten why

thanks scully, heads bowed (in shame)..... now seriously, why are you supoosed to shut your eyes?

after getting up from a seat with a numb bum, standing long enough for the pins and needles to start, shutting eyes and standing head bent for the 'will it ever end?!' prayer was not the most comfortable experience.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

does anyone have a scan because I really need to show this to the wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit